Showtime & HBO Teaming For Mayweather-Pacquiao PPV Fight In May

mvcg66b3r

Boxing fans — and maybe even casual sports fans — have been waiting years for Floyd Mayweather Jr and Manny Pacquiao to face off in the ring. Now the fight that’s likely to obliterate all revenue records is happening, and archrival premium cablers HBO and Showtime are teaming up on the May 2 PPV telecast. That’s because Mayweather has an exclusive six-fight deal with Showtime and Pacquiao has a contract with HBO. This will mark only the second time the premium nets have worked together on a PPV bout. The other was in 2002 when then-heavyweight champ Lennox Lewis, who had an exclusive deal with HBO, fought ex-champ Mike Tyson, who was with Showtime.

Reports say the fight could cost a record $89.95 to buy, and another 10 bucks for HD.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/mayweather-pacquiao-hbo-showtime-pay-per-view-1201378147/

I never could understand paying $100 for a fight. But I assume if your a fan you'd be willing to pay for it to watch it live. Don't they re-air the card at a later date?

Yes. But you have to avoid basically the internet and the papers the night after through the next week on the results. Matches usually re-air on HBO the next saturday after. There is however (illegal) free streaming of live events such as the match available. You'll have to seek it yourself and have Norton (or any antivirus system of your choice) ready. I know, shouldn't really encouraging it, hence the parentheses, but its been going on for a while.

Yes. But you have to avoid basically the internet and the papers the night after through the next week on the results. Matches usually re-air on HBO the next saturday after. There is however (illegal) free streaming of live events such as the match available. You'll have to seek it yourself and have Norton (or any antivirus system of your choice) ready. I know, shouldn't really encouraging it, hence the parentheses, but its been going on for a while.

I'm not that big of a fan but if I know the outcome I'd be more willing to watch the rebroadcast of the match.

Archived