NYC: Blizzard Juno

BehindNYNews

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian Thompson is a class act. He corrected a 13 year old kid's grammar during a live shot. Kudos to him for keeping the story straight and not turning a blind eye to incorrect speech. Reporters ignore incorrect grammar too often and I applaud his efforts in correcting the young man. I bet that kid will never make that grammatical mistake again! Nice work Brian!

Brian Thompson is a class act. He corrected a 13 year old kid's grammar during a live shot. Kudos to him for keeping the story straight and not turning a blind eye to incorrect speech. Reporters ignore incorrect grammar too often and I applaud his efforts in correcting the young man. I bet that kid will never make that grammatical mistake again! Nice work Brian!

While that's a good thing, but being a pompous ass on the air is a bad thing. I'm gonna call that reporter the latter just because you shouldn't be a jerk on TV.

Why can't WABC move network programming to 7.2 like WCBS does moving network programming to WLNY?

Because they are an O&O and they should have network programming on the primary and news on the secondary. CBS is insane to move network shows to the duopolies, weren't the duopolies used for news emergencies during network programming? Same practice up here, news is on 4 and CBS shows on 38. Strange.

To me at least, that isn't a good thing. If he was off the air, I guess that's ok, but on the air, that just makes him look like a jerk.

While that's a good thing, but being a pompous ass on the air is a bad thing. I'm gonna call that reporter the latter just because you shouldn't be a jerk on TV.

Archived