WFSB to Get a New Set

eyewitness_news

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kara Sundlun (in for Eric Parker) on WFSB's "Eyewitness News This Morning" was talking about a new set to debut early next week, and even the font for "Eyewitness News" on wfsb.com has changed.

Looks like Gotham or something along that theme. I wonder if the new set won't feature the newsroom. The studio though looks cramped from what I can remember. Maybe the set design made appear that way.

Confirmed: they have a cramped studio, and this set change makes it even more small market material. Everything looks too tight.

whats with Meredith wanting their stations to look like O&Os? Unless they are truly inspired or aspired, but me thinks not.

I was hoping maybe a Series X of Advantage. Series 9 (which sounds so awesome) has had a long road, but going to Enforcer (assuming NG4), I'm, not ready for that. It's the soundtrack to the Hartford DMA for decades.

WFSB won't be teh first station in the market (#30) to use Gari's Enforcer News Package..... WVIT has them beat by 15 years.

If this was a month ago before the Gari renaming spree, I would mention that this would be the inverse of what happened with The One for All.

That aside, how many times have two stations used the same package in the same market? I know Charlotte/Right Here, Right Now is one (first WBTV, then WCNC).

whats with Meredith wanting their stations to look like O&Os? Unless they are truly inspired or aspired, but me thinks not.

The strange thing is that KPHO decided to go with an old package that was designed for WPTV before the standardization kicked in instead of going with an O&O look.

The strange thing is that KPHO decided to go with an old package that was designed for WPTV before the standardization kicked in instead of going with an O&O look.

I actually thought it was related to KTVK futureproofing when it rolled out. They even ditched Enforcer for The Edge.

The L3s are so large (particularly vertically) in that package and it really shows that it is not a recent vintage package.

As to different stations using the same package... PNP in Memphis (WREG early 90s, WPTY) and Enforcer in Amarillo (KVII 96-99, KFDA) immediately come to mind.

WFSB won't be teh first station in the market (#30) to use Gari's Enforcer News Package..... WVIT has them beat by 15 years.

Heh, and probably would've used it a few years more if CBS didn't take the full rights away. (Fox's KRIV is credited for Series 3 and they went to the Viper after 2005) I know this isn't a set question, since WVIT used Series 2, and so many in the year 2000, who is credited for commissioning Series 2 of The Enforcer?

That aside, how many times have two stations used the same package in the same market? I know Charlotte/Right Here, Right Now is one (first WBTV, then WCNC).

WREG in Memphis used the Palmer News Package before WPTY (now WATN) did and, ironically, WPTY used bits of Inergy at one point (prior to switching to U-Phonix) before WMC-TV picked up the package recently.

Wonder if KMOV will get something similar. They've been overdue for a new set for a long time now.

That would be fascinating to see the former KMOX-TV look like an O&O again. An unwritten promise on Meredith's part when they bought KMOV, perhaps?

If you're solely counting the usage of the "I love Chicago..." musical signature, then a case COULD be made for WCAU and KYW in Philadelphia.

That would be fascinating to see the former KMOX-TV look like an O&O again. An unwritten promise on Meredith's part when they bought KMOV, perhaps?

I hope. The Belo graphics on KMOV have been junked, as they're using Arial font now. In comparison, KTVK is still using the original Belo font.

Their new set debuts Monday. They are also going with the CBS O&O graphics package, and CBS Enforcer music. You can view a few pics here: http://www.newenglandone.com/newser-blog/183-wfsb-previews-new-set.html

More like CBS Enforcer music with the Advantage signature. It's not completely gone. It just literally sounds like they shoehorned series one into Enforcer 15.

More like CBS Enforcer music with the Advantage signature. It's not completely gone. It just literally sounds like they shoehorned series one into Enforcer 15.

They've also modified the graphics slightly, replacing all of the CBS Eye images with their Circle 3 logo.

The new Enforcer cuts with the Advantage signature sound nice. Not a bad job was done on that part.

Archived