ABC The View

BehindNYNews

13 minutes ago, TVNewsLover said:

With GMA3:SS&K on hiatus, Sara has been guest co-hosting for almost two weeks now. With Whoopi, Joy, and now Meghan all working from home, it has just been Sunny and Sara in-studio. Didn’t realize how much I missed having Sara on this show. She is a voice of reason and not a predictable politically biased personality like the others. Kinda hoping she comes back permanently. Also haven’t seen Ana in a few Fridays.

I think Ana lives in Florida and flies in for Friday shows.  Could be that she doesn't want to fly and they don't want to send a camera crew to her.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 3:14 PM, TVNewsLover said:

With GMA3:SS&K on hiatus, Sara has been guest co-hosting for almost two weeks now. With Whoopi, Joy, and now Meghan all working from home, it has just been Sunny and Sara in-studio. Didn’t realize how much I missed having Sara on this show. She is a voice of reason and not a predictable politically biased personality like the others. Kinda hoping she comes back permanently. Also haven’t seen Ana in a few Fridays.

Ana appeared today:

• 4 months later...

The View formally confirms that Sara Haines is back, they will also unveil a new logo for the new season.

Source: https://deadline.com/2020/09/the-view-abc-sara-haines-1234570901/

Not  really into the new logo, looks very bland. I'm guessing we'll be getting new graphics as well. I wonder if there was also budget for redoing the set had Covid not happened.

view.jpeg

Edited by tvtime07

Yeah, the new logo just looks too plain for me. I found the other two more marketable and their designs had more personality. We'll see, it really depends if it comes together with the new graphics. ET is reporting that Sara Haines will be broadcasting live from the studio, so we may see some enhancements on the set.

Source: https://www.etonline.com/sara-haines-officially-returns-as-co-host-of-the-view-152544

Hard agree with above criticisms, because I think the show had no need to redesign its logo, and if they really felt like they did, this certainly was not the direction to go. It honestly just gave me a very generic company feel and also Vistaprint vibes (the business card/stationery company). Not hip at all, especially if they're trying to lean into younger audiences long-term. Also maybe not, but...you never know -- wondering if anyone's going to somehow politicize the logo's now-complete use of blue.

19 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Hard agree with above criticisms, because I think the show had no need to redesign its logo, and if they really felt like they did, this certainly was not the direction to go. It honestly just gave me a very generic company feel and also Vistaprint vibes (the business card/stationery company). Not hip at all, especially if they're trying to lean into younger audiences long-term. Also maybe not, but...you never know -- wondering if anyone's going to somehow politicize the logo's now-complete use of blue.

I agree, there was no need for a new logo, the circular one that they have right now still works. Feels like one of those unnecessary logo changes that companies get too often these days. Is there a need? Probably not. Is someone making money off this change? Most likely. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 11:41 AM, tvtime07 said:

The View formally confirms that Sara Haines is back, they will also unveil a new logo for the new season.

Source: https://deadline.com/2020/09/the-view-abc-sara-haines-1234570901/

Not  really into the new logo, looks very bland. I'm guessing we'll be getting new graphics as well. I wonder if there was also budget for redoing the set had Covid not happened.

view.jpeg

The View had to get another co-host with Megan heading for maternity leave

• 11 months later...

So earlier I went to 1iota for no reason (and by that I meant "looking for talk shows near me that are bringing back audiences") and I got to see this:

Screenshot_20210827-203009_Chrome.jpg.326df48a5ea7fe05a89f02b8d3a3061a.jpg

A variation of the current logo calling back to the original logo in celebration of the 25th season and the silver anniversary. Looks much better than the first version, and reminded me fondly of the original.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Action Newsroom said:

So earlier I went to 1iota for no reason (and by that I meant "looking for talk shows near me that are bringing back audiences") and I got to see this:

Screenshot_20210827-203009_Chrome.jpg.326df48a5ea7fe05a89f02b8d3a3061a.jpg

A variation of the current logo calling back to the original logo in celebration of the 25th season and the silver anniversary. Looks much better than the first version, and reminded me fondly of the original.

Yes, I saw in in the promo they released last week: 

I thought the same about it looking like the original logo, though with the 25 there, I want to read it as “The Iew” …I wonder if a version of the original theme makes a comeback too. 

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, nynewslover said:

Not saying it was a lie or anything but to pull them live on air? They don’t get the results before they go on? They couldn’t have cut to commercial and come back with an explanation? Cmon… 

That’s what I keep thinking… what is the point of their testing program if the results aren’t returned before they’re on air, or why are they allowed on air with results pending? That could’ve avoided all of this.  That said, I understand the need to immediately isolate someone if they have positive results regardless of what’s happening around them. 

23 hours ago, nynewslover said:

Not saying it was a lie or anything but to pull them live on air? They don’t get the results before they go on? They couldn’t have cut to commercial and come back with an explanation? Cmon… 

This is what they did. 

Joy tossed to commercial and then it was just Joy and Sara. The show ended up being mostly audience questions, which was actually great to watch! 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 8:27 AM, wabceyewitness said:

what is the point of their testing program if the results aren’t returned before they’re on air, or why are they allowed on air with results pending? That could’ve avoided all of this.  

I doubt this was part of ABC's standard testing program. More than likely the Secret Service administered tests to anyone that would come in close contact with the VP. Those tests would have been administered as close to airtime as possible.  

• Like 2