ABC The View

BehindNYNews

With the revolving doors of co-hosts of the view, in my opinion to ABC is this... either pull the plug on the show or move it to Lifetime Television and get it the hell over with.

The show still does extremely well. It's more entertaining than the boring chatfest over at THE TALK.

You want to cancel a show? How about Springer, Maury, or Wilkos? There's no reason for that garbage to be on TV.

• Like 3

The show still does extremely well. It's more entertaining than the boring chatfest over at THE TALK.

To each his own, but I like The Talk as much as (somtimes more than) The View. Ironically enough, sometimes for the reason you stated.

You want to cancel a show? How about Springer, Maury, or Wilkos? There's no reason for that garbage to be on TV.

I agree with all accept Wilkos. At least he cares about his guests. Those other two deserve the ax.

At least The Talk has had a constant cast of hosts... Julie Chen, Aisha Tyler, Sharon Osbourne, Sara Gilbert and Sheryl Underwood.

I've watched more of The Talk in the last year than The View in the last 10. That's how good The Talk really is IMO.

You do realize that up through the end of Season 9 of the View, they only had two host changes (for the same chair). The Talk has only been around for 7 years, and they've also had two host changes. Let's see how many host changes The Talk goes through by Season 20 if they make it that far.

Regardless, both of these shows deserve to be on TV over the other trash I mentioned earlier.

• Like 1

And I think that some conveniently forget that the Chenbot was behind the firing of Leah Remini and Holly Robinson-Peete. And the reason why you have so much "stability" on The Talk is because Julie basically controls everything and the other hosts fall in line and don't over-shadow her-- That wasn't the case when Leah and Holly were on.

• Like 1

Many learned tolerance of alternate lifestyles and cultures because of Springer.

Others have learned lessons in child rearing and procurement watching Maury.

If these shows did not exist, then where would low cost car insurance and bankruptcy lawyers advertise?

• Like 1

And I think that some conveniently forget that the Chenbot was behind the firing of Leah Remini and Holly Robinson-Peete. And the reason why you have so much "stability" on The Talk is because Julie basically controls everything and the other hosts fall in line and don't over-shadow her-- That wasn't the case when Leah and Holly were on.

Exactly, if you work for CBS, you don't wanna mess with the Chen. She pretty much did the same thing on The Early Show, it was no coincidence that she was the constant during the majority of that show's run.

Content wise, The View and The Talk are far different from each other. I prefer The View because they talk about current events and political affairs.

• Like 4

Looks like the Chen-bot is trying to stir up rumors. She was on WATCH WHAT HAPPENS LIVE with Andy Cohen and she said she believed the report in PAGE SIX (apparently the most credible news source) that Barbara Walters was not happy with the turnover and that she would call in to the control room and that they would laugh off her suggestions. She also said THE VIEW should be cancelled. Jealous a bit?

THE VIEW most recently outperformed THE TALK in the ratings in overall audience and all the major demographics (http://www.hollywoodtake.com/view-canceled-despite-cast-changes-and-julie-chens-scathing-comments-abc-talk-show-still-215341).

Does she not realize almost every job she's had at CBS is because of her husband because she is otherwise a complete borefest who lacks personality (as do some of her cohosts like Sara)? Does she not realize that THE TALK was not an original concept, but a copycat of THE VIEW?

• Like 1

Looks like the Chen-bot is trying to stir up rumors.

Does she not realize almost every job she's had at CBS is because of her husband because she is otherwise a complete borefest who lacks personality (as do some of her cohosts like Sara)? Does she not realize that THE TALK was not an original concept, but a copycat of THE VIEW?

Does her husband realize that every piece of nooky she doles out to him is because she has that show?

Squid Pro Quo!

...a dowdy doe doe!

Looks like the Chen-bot is trying to stir up rumors. She was on WATCH WHAT HAPPENS LIVE with Andy Cohen and she said she believed the report in PAGE SIX (apparently the most credible news source) that Barbara Walters was not happy with the turnover and that she would call in to the control room and that they would laugh off her suggestions. She also said THE VIEW should be cancelled. Jealous a bit?

THE VIEW most recently outperformed THE TALK in the ratings in overall audience and all the major demographics (http://www.hollywoodtake.com/view-canceled-despite-cast-changes-and-julie-chens-scathing-comments-abc-talk-show-still-215341).

How shocking. I was hoping that Whoopi or Joy would call her out on air before they left on break, but they probably were told to stay quiet. This isn't the first time she's brought up Barbara wanting to come back and fix the show...

As for her... does she conveniently forget all those rumors on her when she was still on the Early Show??? How she was hard to work with, etc.??? Where would she be at if she wasn't boning Moonves? Definitely not on The View...

• Like 1

As for her... does she conveniently forget all those rumors on her when she was still on the Early Show??? How she was hard to work with, etc.??? Where would she be at if she wasn't boning Moonves?

She would be boning Redstone trying for the bigger prize....

...60 Minutes.

• Like 3

All these shows (except for Springer- because of the fights- and Wilkos- who you don't want to mess with because he threw a chair and impaled it in a wall) need to be cleaned out and replaced with game shows. There's tons of good formats just waiting to be revived. I would, for instance, replace The View with daytime runs of Match Game and Pyramid, and fill the Chew's slot with revivals of The Big Showdown and Split/Second (both because ABC ran them and wiped them near-completely in the 70s- they deserved better fates (though Second got a mid 80s revival)). Over at CBS, I'd replace Chen and her cronies with revivals of Eye Guess and Three on a Match- both awesome games that got screwed over and wiped by NBC.

All these shows (except for Springer- because of the fights- and Wilkos- who you don't want to mess with because he threw a chair and impaled it in a wall) need to be cleaned out and replaced with game shows. There's tons of good formats just waiting to be revived. I would, for instance, replace The View with daytime runs of Match Game and Pyramid, and fill the Chew's slot with revivals of The Big Showdown and Split/Second (both because ABC ran them and wiped them near-completely in the 70s- they deserved better fates (though Second got a mid 80s revival)). Over at CBS, I'd replace Chen and her cronies with revivals of Eye Guess and Three on a Match- both awesome games that got screwed over and wiped by NBC.

I would love to see Gambit, Hollywood Squares back on TV, and add one new or revive soap opera.

• Like 1

I would love to see Gambit, Hollywood Squares back on TV, and add one new or revive soap opera.

Oh dear God,

The thought of an obese 55 year old Kim Kardashian sitting on an electric scooter...center square...

Peter Marshal just rolled in his grave.

• Like 1

Game shows are cheaper to produce, but as for The View if they get the ax after 20 years on the air. I see ABC News would try it best to get Good Afternoon America, however I rather see Joy Behar get her own title talkshow in place of The View if they canned it. Over at CBS since they own The Talk and Chen married to the boss Moonves; I don't see them going away.

If a revive soap opera ever came back it would be on new media platform (streaming) not on Broadcast TV. However, ABC at one time was looking of bring back OLTL and AMC in primetime or one of their ABC cable outlets. Also there was a point they were trying to bringing GL back on a streaming platform, but it never came to fruition. There only (4) soaps left and IMO by 2018, I think all (4) will either get cancel or move to another form. CBS- (Y&R) contract runs out Sept 2017 (B&B) the same 2017. NBC- (Days) contract runs out 2017 with a 1 year pick up by the network. ABC- (GH) is owned by the network, so they can get the ax anytime. I can see CBS moving YR &Bold over to Pop TV, but the shows make their money sold overseas and does well internationally.

The last (4) will be the last, because it cost 50 million to produce a weekly soap, but I can see CBS if they cut Let Make A Deal to 30 minutes. The other 30 minutes could be a soap where CBS owns the soap outright, because that gives the network more leverage if they own it. Y&R- Sony own(majority of ownership) in association w/ The Bell Family and Corday owns 1%. Days- Sony owned in association w/ Corday Productions. The Bells own Bold outright and ABC owns GH. These network executives of these networks are not invested in soap operas like decades ago. Once these (4) go away it would be either cheap talkshow, another news program, or even a game show.

We need to remember that "The Talk" was created by Sara not Chen-bot

• Like 2

We need to remember that "The Talk" was created by Sara not Chen-bot

She may have created it, but no way in hell does she control it. The Chen-bot runs everything on that program, despite the "creator" sitting a few feet away from her. And even then, today's "The Talk" is not the same Talk that debuted 6 years ago.

In regards to the game shows... I'm sure extensive research has been done by ABC showing the pitfalls of replacing one of their current daytime shows with a gameshow. If the research had concluded that putting in a game show would result in higher ratings/profit for the network, then they would have put one in a long time ago. So clearly, despite some posters wishful thinking, ABC will not be doing it anytime soon.

Same goes with soaps. Also, the costs associated with producing them is a no-no, especially to a network looking to cut costs, not to add more.

I grew up with the John Davidson and Tom Bergeron version of H2 in the 80s and 90s, And I started watching reruns of the Marshall Era on GSN. And in my opinion, if Hollywood Squares does gets revived, it won't be the best two out of three format which led to be canceled in '04, it'll be the same format we all come to know. And I sure as hell don't want to see no kardashians on H2, they make me sick, stick with the celebs from TV, Music, and Movies.

And if you are a fan on Blackjack, like I said... I would seriously want to see (Las Vegas) GAMBIT revived.

• Like 3