ABC The View

BehindNYNews

LOL, that article is funny as hell. But if true, it's not surprising. Paula often tried to be neutral, using that "journalist" card, but there were a few times where it was obvious that she was on the conservative side. I think that Paula became expendable when Jedediah started guest co-hosting. She fits the younger/conservative/female/strong voice aspects that they want on the show. And truth be told, I may not agree with most of Jedediah's politics, but I can respect the fact that she stands up for what she says and that she doesn't come across as a phony.

• Like 1

Maybe Paula wasn't right for the role, but I can't trust the judgment of anyone who thinks Sunny Hostin is some kind of godsend. I respect the views and opinions of each person on the panel, but every time she speaks, she sounds like nothing more than Raven with a law degree. Jedediah's better than I thought she'd be, though. Better than the recent revolving door of "conservative" voices.

Maybe Paula wasn't right for the role, but I can't trust the judgment of anyone who thinks Sunny Hostin is some kind of godsend. I respect the views and opinions of each person on the panel, but every time she speaks, she sounds like nothing more than Raven with a law degree. Jedediah's better than I thought she'd be, though. Better than the recent revolving door of "conservative" voices.

I don't think she's a godsend, but she's not too bad. The thing about Sunny is that she tries to hard to be a likeable/relatable/hip panelist and it's pretty obvious. Often times she will say something or agree with something just to get on Whoopi's good side. Most of the time when she says something, i'm like WTF?

• Like 2

I would bet money the Whoopi portion of the article is definitely true. I remember watching an episode where the hot topic was about Kim Davis, the KY marriage clerk who refused to sign a gay couple their marriage license. She had done an interview with ABC news (ironically I think Paula Faris was the one who interviewed her). The panel was discussing the interview and you could tell as the discussion went on, Whoopi was getting more and more pissed off with Paula the more she talked. Whoopi looked like she was ready to leap across the table to strangle Paula lol.

My opinion was always neutral about Paula Faris, but after seeing her in the example I gave above, my opinion of her has soured. She should stick to GMA and stay far away from opinionated shows like The View. Playing devil's advocate and thumping the religion card doesn't really work well for her imo.

• Like 2

To me, the only way for a news personality to come on The View is to be the moderator like Meredith was. In most cases you can really be neutral and let the panelists discuss the topic and you chime in to bring it all together to move on to the next topic. If you're not the moderator then you are treading in deep waters. I like Paula but I knew she wouldn't have worked out to well for this show. I'm surprise ABC even allowed her to be a panelists. I guess lesson learned.

But Jedediah is perfect for the show. Also Sarah Haynes isn't so bad her self even though she's a "journalist." Hopefully they let both Raven and Candance go as well. Candance always seem scared to voice her opinion since she's sitting next to Whoppi. Yes Whoppi could be intimidating but come on girl speak your mind. I used to love Raven as an actress. Knowing her in this format doesn't do her any justice. I just hate that someone who I admired for not being a "Disney child star curse"actually is one. In Tyra Bank voice "I was rooting for you, we were all rooting for you" and she had to screw it up.

• Like 2

What do you think The View will look like after Rodger Ailes has a shot at it?

It can easily happen if the right moons align...

Bwaaaahaaaaa!!!

What do you think The View will look like after Rodger Ailes has a shot at it?

It can easily happen if the right moons align...

Bwaaaahaaaaa!!!

I just can't imagine Whoopi and Joy as blondes. LOL

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

In today's installment on As The View Turns...

+Paula Faris was THIS close to be sh*t-canned by producers, but instead, they cut her appearances to one-day a week

+Paula blames Whoopi for trying to get her ousted...Something, something, something about Paula saying that the big Whoop will regret what she did to her, etc.

+ABC wanted to cut her completely from the show, but image problems/rotating co-hosts, and the whole Kelly & Michael fiasco gave ABC cold feet, and did not want to alienate any more viewers.

+Raven has also been cut down to one-day a week

+Season 20 begins on September 6, it is expected that they will have 8 co-hosts at the beginning and eventually ease out Paula & Raven during the season

+Candace is expected to remain...although she's always absent, so it's pretty much a non-factor anyways

+Jedediah Bila, Sara Haines and Sunny Hostin will be named permanent co-hosts

NO ONE WILL BE LEAVING THE VIEW, ALL ARE EXPECTED TO RETURN FOR SEASON 20

Joy, Whoopi, Raven, Candace, and Paula will all be back!!

Sara Haines will also take seat at the table,

Sunny and Jedediah will take on a semi-regular position at the table.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-view-season-20-cast-sara-haines-paula-faris-whoopi-goldberg-1201829770/

Whoopi also went on twitter rant about how people need to stop thinking she can get people fired from the view!

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/03/media/whoopi-goldberg-paula-faris/

Barbra Walter is also planing to do a special on the 20 years of the view, later this summer which will feature all past and current View Co Hosts

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently The View will be getting a new theme song for the season 20 premiere... the song is titled “World’s Gone Crazy”, written by Diane Warren and performed by Mary J. Blige

http://www.showbiz411.com/2016/08/15/exclusive-the-view-gets-new-theme-song-from-mary-j-blige-written-by-emmy-nominee-diane-warren

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

They may let her leave if the ratings hold up when Joy is moderating. It would make for a seamless transition. Or chances are they may offer her boatloads of money to stay. Whoopi has said it many times before, she loves them paychecks. As long as ABC/Disney offers her something good, she'll stay.

I gotta give credit where credit is due... The View this season is a really great program. I now is a good time if Whoopi is ready to go, Joy should be able to hold the fort down with Candace, Sara, Sunny and Jedediah. Paula is frankly a hot mess, not mean for a show like The View and she's gotta go, Raven is good as it seems she's on once a week (Fridays). It may be the election coverage but the program is really entertaining and thought provoking again.

• Like 2

I really do like Paula, but she's just trying too hard. Stick to GMA, maybe negotiate some fill-ins for Robin, and play to her strengths. As for Whoopi, she's getting out on her own terms (that we know of, anyway) in case the whole show gets canned, but it's obviously way too early to make that call...which by network logic means we'll know the show's fate by like Thanksgiving. :D

I must say that this years panel combo of Whoopi, Candace, Joy, Sara, and Jed has fantastic chemistry. I like that they will disagree during a segment, come back from break and are able to seemlessly move on. The after shows are really good, much more loose/relaxed overall.

I forget was Joy "let go" originally or did she decide to leave on her own. I really like the days she moderates and enjoyed her HLN and Current TV shows.

She was let go, although it was made to look like it was on her on accord. The head of ABC Daytime at that time made the decision to get rid of Joy and Elizabeth. I forget that woman's name, but Joy has mentioned before what really led to her exit. Of course, that lady is no longer at the network...

I haven't watched the show in some time now, but from what I'm hearing from you all, I may need to DVR it. I know a lot of people disagree with me, but I enjoyed the show most during the one season Rosie O was the moderator. It was appointment TV for me that year. I don't particularly enjoy Whoopi as the moderator, although she has gotten better over the years. I think Joy would be a fantastic choice to replace Whoopi if and when she decides to leave.

• Like 1

She was let go, although it was made to look like it was on her on accord. The head of ABC Daytime at that time made the decision to get rid of Joy and Elizabeth. I forget that woman's name, but Joy has mentioned before what really led to her exit. Of course, that lady is no longer at the network...

Even if the lady was still in charge of daytime Joy came back when the show was transferred to the news division.