ABC The View

BehindNYNews

When was the last time Michelle Collins was at the table?

It's been like two weeks, I believe. This upcoming week should be the third. They're making it too obvious that they're trying to push her out. Candace is out shooting episodes for Fuller House.

Sara Haines returns from maternity leave in June. Maybe they'll push Michelle out by then and give Sara the seat permanently.

• Like 1

A lot of this drama from the View started cause they hired actors/comedians to be part of the panel instead of educated women. They need to go back to basics and get some educated people who know what they are talking about on the program.

Keep Paula Faris, promote Mara Schivicampo, Nancy Grace (she brings in an audience), Sarah Silverman (for laughter/breaking the ice)

A lot of this drama from the View started cause they hired actors/comedians to be part of the panel instead of educated women. They need to go back to basics and get some educated people who know what they are talking about on the program.

Keep Paula Faris, promote Mara Schivicampo, Nancy Grace (she brings in an audience), Sarah Silverman (for laughter/breaking the ice)

Good God. Paula Faris is the weakest link of the current roster. She tries to play the devil's advocate but she's completely tone-deaf.

• Like 2

Good God. Paula Faris is the weakest link of the current roster. She tries to play the devil's advocate but she's completely tone-deaf.

For sure. Paula only plays "devils advocate" when it's convenient for her (i.e. when talking about Trump or any conservative view points). The rest of the time, she's acting ditzy and really brings nothing to the show. At least you know what you're getting with Joy and Whoopi-- as far as their left leaning viewpoints. If you want a smart, likeable journalist, that actually brings something to the table, then they should consider Debra Roberts.

• Like 5

I think we can say for sure that Candace and Joy will be back next year. Raven, Michele and Whoopi are all candidates to be dropped. Paula could be dropped but if they are going to drop the three I just mentioned, they may not want to make it four.

I think a panel of Joy (moderator), Candace, Sunny Hostin, Paula (connects very well with Sunny) and one other would be very good.

I think we can say for sure that Candace and Joy will be back next year. Raven, Michele and Whoopi are all candidates to be dropped. Paula could be dropped but if they are going to drop the three I just mentioned, they may not want to make it four.

I think a panel of Joy (moderator), Candace, Sunny Hostin, Paula (connects very well with Sunny) and one other would be very good.

I agree. Maybe add Sara Haines as the fifth one. On days Whoopi and Raven are off, Paula seems to do fine, however, when they're not things get so cringeworthy.

There were some rumblings that Candace wanted to leave due to her hectic travel schedule and acting gigs she's doing. It may be why they've been having Jedediah Bila on pretty frequently--plus she could fill that conservative chair, if Candace leaves.

I think Whoopi comes back, but maybe on a reduced schedule (i.e.: 3 on, 2 off, etc).

I would have to imagine that Raven is a goner, and Michelle as well--pretty obvious there. Paula stays, I do believe.

The obvious choice for new panelists are Sara, and Sunny. They might give Sara a permanent spot, and have Sunny as the fill-in panelist.

Why does everyone always predict host changes? I could see Candace leaving and maybe Raven but do we have any proof or even any credible speculation? I would say Paula already fills the conservative chair so they wouldn't necessarily need to bring someone else in. I don't know why she's still allowed to host GMA since she's sold herself to political commentary

• Like 1

Why does everyone always predict host changes? I could see Candace leaving and maybe Raven but do we have any proof or even any credible speculation? I would say Paula already fills the conservative chair so they wouldn't necessarily need to bring someone else in. I don't know why she's still allowed to host GMA since she's sold herself to political commentary

So then George shouldn't be allowed to anchor because he's worked for the Clintons and donated $75,000 to their foundation, right?

There has been a crapload of instability at The View for years now. Plus, the way their scheduling the panelists is big clue that they're looking at making changes. They hired Michelle as a full-time panelist, yet now, you only see her once or twice a month. Coincidence? I think not.

So then George shouldn't be allowed to anchor because he's worked for the Clintons and donated $75,000 to their foundation, right?

Apples to Oranges...sort of. ABC News hired George knowing full well he had/has history with the Clintons and maybe to a certain extent his left-leaning views. As far as the $75k donation...big mistake, but ABC took the appropriate action needed.

I doubt ABC hired Paula because she was a conservative, born-again Christian. Not to mention that Paula touts as being the "journalist" of the panel that tries to provide an unbiased perspective to things, yet, it's very evident what/where her biases are. I'm not saying she should be taken off The View for that, however, if she wants to use the conservative, Christian card, then she should not be allowed to reference herself as the journalist of the panel.

• Like 2

I doubt ABC hired Paula because she was a conservative, born-again Christian.

I'm sure she was, I'm sure ABC knew what they were doing when they added Paula.

Not to mention that Paula touts as being the "journalist" of the panel that tries to provide an unbiased perspective to things, yet, it's very evident what/where her biases are. I'm not saying she should be taken off The View for that, however, if she wants to use the conservative, Christian card, then she should not be allowed to reference herself as the journalist of the panel.

By those same standards, Barbra Walters shouldn't be considered a journalist either... but I'm sure everyone would disagree and be up in arms with that.

I'm sure she was, I'm sure ABC knew what they were doing when they added Paula.

When they added her where? to GMA or The View? And Candace was hired as the conservative voice of the panel. Do you honestly think, they would put two conservative voices on there?

By those same standards, Barbra Walters shouldn't be considered a journalist either... but I'm sure

everyone would disagree and be up in arms with that.

Baloney. Barbara-whether one likes her or not, had been long established even before Paula probably began her career. Barbara's biases were evident, more so towards the end of her run on The View. That being said, I cannot remember a time when Barbara touted that she was a born-again Christian, conservative or even a liberal. One could assume which way Barbara leaned on the political spectrum based on how she reacted to topics/stories talked about on the show, but she never publicly acknowledged her political leanings.

• Like 1

When they added her where? to GMA or The View? And Candace was hired as the conservative voice of the panel. Do you honestly think, they would put two conservative voices on there?

Baloney. Barbara-whether one likes her or not, had been long established even before Paula probably began her career. Barbara's biases were evident, more so towards the end of her run on The View. That being said, I cannot remember a time when Barbara touted that she was a born-again Christian, conservative or even a liberal. One could assume which way Barbara leaned on the political spectrum based on how she reacted to topics/stories talked about on the show, but she never publicly acknowledged her political leanings.

Is saying you're a born-again Christian really the same as admitting political beliefs?

Diane Sawyer was a press aide to President Nixon (and once thought to be a candidate for Woodward and Bernstein's "deep throat" informant), so CBS should've never hired her for 60 Minutes.

• Like 4

Diane Sawyer was a press aide to President Nixon (and once thought to be a candidate for Woodward and Bernstein's "deep throat" informant), so CBS should've never hired her for 60 Minutes.

Your argument holds no water. Diane didn't make a nearly six figure donation to a a "foundation" the way George did.

Your argument holds no water. Diane didn't make a nearly six figure donation to a a "foundation" the way George did.

On the contrary. She was an employee/aide to a political figure. He only made a donation to a foundation, not a candidate/political figure.

On the contrary. She was an employee/aide to a political figure. He only made a donation to a foundation, not a candidate/political figure.

Not sure what's so hard to understand here. George was ALSO an employee/aide to a political figure. Then he gave $75,000 to a foundation which is now under much scrutiny for it's soliciting of donations from foreign governments. His conflict of interest--if we're calling it that--was and is far worse than Diane's ever was.

Daily Mail reporting:

• Candace, Raven and Michelle will all leave the show before the current season ends in August.

• Whoopi signed a one-year contract worth $2.5 million
  • Whoopi will continue her 4-day schedule; Friday shows will be live, and moderated by Joy
  • Paula will stay on
  • Sunny Hostin and Sara Haines are expected to permanently join the panel for next season

• Like 1

George Stephanopoulos was also the White House Communications Director and later Senior Advisor for Policy & Strategy under Bill Clinton's presidency.

Daily Mail reporting:

• Candace, Raven and Michelle will all leave the show before the current season ends in August.

• Whoopi signed a one-year contract worth $2.5 million
  • Whoopi will continue her 4-day schedule; Friday shows will be live, and moderated by Joy
  • Paula will stay on
  • Sunny Hostin and Sara Haines are expected to permanently join the panel for next season

Now that sounds like a good panel. Looking forward to Raven and Michele's departures. I do enjoy Candace on the show though and i'll miss her on it.

Now that sounds like a good panel. Looking forward to Raven and Michele's departures. I do enjoy Candace on the show though and i'll miss her on it.

Michelle was funny--she was a nice addition. Raven did a great a job of filling that Debbie Matenopolous/Elizabeth Hasselbeck role as the lovable/grating dingbat. The weak link this season is Paula Faris. She's insincere and inauthentic.

• Like 1

Just wondering if Jebediah Bila still fits into the equation for next season, she's been a frequent guest host and seems enthusiastic about being on the show on Twitter. Would love her to be on the show permanently, she actually has substantial things to say about politics and does well with other hot topics.

As for the ladies leaving, they've been planting stories that Raven and Candace are going to concentrate with their acting careers. I liked Raven but the majority of the audience didn't it seems. Candace did get better after time but she still lacks the gravitas to debate the more dicey issues and I was always skeptical about her transcontinental travels long term as she's already busy as is with Fuller House and Hallmark movies. I do feel bad for Michelle, seems like she was shut down with the whole Nursegate controversy, seems like the network just honored what was left on her contract but planned to dump her anyways because of pressures from the show's advertisers, she wasn't given time to grow.

In all of this, I'm surprised that the report is saying Paula is staying, the show can do better without her.

Whoopi must have came to her senses, she's getting good money to host a chat fest, so why should she leave? Her temper has cooled down compared to last season as well.

Joy has been the x-factor, she was supposed to be an alternate after Candace finished filming the first season of Fuller House but she showed her worth so I'm not surprised that she's had a nice homecoming. She should have never had left in the first place.

Adding ABC Newsers Sonny and Sarah into the mix will certainly enhance their show. Hopefully the group will be more consistent, the playing of musical chairs the past three seasons needs to stop.

Just wondering if Jebediah Bila still fits into the equation for next season, she's been a frequent guest host and seems enthusiastic about being on the show on Twitter. Would love her to be on the show permanently, she actually has substantial things to say about politics and does well with other hot topics.

As for the ladies leaving, they've been planting stories that Raven and Candace are going to concentrate with their acting careers. I liked Raven but the majority of the audience didn't it seems. Candace did get better after time but she still lacks the gravitas to debate the more dicey issues and I was always skeptical about her transcontinental travels long term as she's already busy as is with Fuller House and Hallmark movies. I do feel bad for Michelle, seems like she was shut down with the whole Nursegate controversy, seems like the network just honored what was left on her contract but planned to dump her anyways because of pressures from the show's advertisers, she wasn't given time to grow.

In all of this, I'm surprised that the report is saying Paula is staying, the show can do better without her.

Whoopi must have came to her senses, she's getting good money to host a chat fest, so why should she leave? Her temper has cooled down compared to last season as well.

Joy has been the x-factor, she was supposed to be an alternate after Candace finished filming the first season of Fuller House but she showed her worth so I'm not surprised that she's had a nice homecoming. She should have never had left in the first place.

Adding ABC Newsers Sonny and Sarah into the mix will certainly enhance their show. Hopefully the group will be more consistent, the playing of musical chairs the past three seasons needs to stop.

Yeah, Jedediah I really liked. Hopefully she'll be a frequent guest host next season, maybe filling in on the days that Paula takes off?

Whoopi has nothing to bitch about. Who wouldn't want to get paid $2.5 million a year to work 4 hours a day, 4 days a week? And i'm sure it's driving her nuts that Paula is sticking around, LOL.

I read a while back that Michelle's contract was structured in a way that she was only paid for the appearances that she made. I don't know if that is correct or not, but she did get the short-end of the stick.

Candace has grown on me. I think she tries to stand up for herself/beliefs/convictions but tries to avoid too many conflicts/deep political discussions because she's probably trying to preserve her clean image. She's done well for herself and family, and i'm sure that she doesn't want to alienate her fans that do not share her same political views. Same can't be said about her nutty brother, but that's a whole nother story...

• Like 1