ABC The View

BehindNYNews

Whoopi has a play or pay contract, so I don't think Whoopi going anywhere. I think Sara, Joy, Michelle, Candice will come back. Raven & Paula toss up. Raven could be on a ABC/Disney show, and Paula stick with GMA & ABC NEWS.

Also Rebecca Campbell over to ABC Daytime

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/programming/campbell-given-abc-daytime-oversight/154079

Whoopi's contract is up at the end of the season. They won't let her out early so she can just collect her $5 million dollar paycheck from home. However, it's a toss up as to her returning next season. If you've seen the show over the last few months, you would have noticed that Michelle is on 1 or 2 times a week... max. If that's not a tell-tale sign of her future on the show, then I don't know what is. The baby shower they threw for Sara today goes to show that the executives really think highly of her and I would not be surprised if she becomes a permanent part of the cast when she returns from maternity leave. If Sara comes on board, I think Paula stays.

Whoopi's contract is up at the end of the season. They won't let her out early so she can just collect her $5 million dollar paycheck from home. However, it's a toss up as to her returning next season. If you've seen the show over the last few months, you would have noticed that Michelle is on 1 or 2 times a week... max. If that's not a tell-tale sign of her future on the show, then I don't know what is. The baby shower they threw for Sara today goes to show that the executives really think highly of her and I would not be surprised if she becomes a permanent part of the cast when she returns from maternity leave. If Sara comes on board, I think Paula stays.

Yeah, I've been watching Isn't that part of the rotation, because Paula, Candice are not always on and then they bring in Sherri & Sunny so it always a toss up. I still think Whoopi will be apart of the 20th season. Who going to moderate the show if Whoopi out, Joy? With this being a political season that The View niche, with the politicians coming on always seems to be their thing.

• Like 1

Yeah, I've been watching Isn't that part of the rotation, because Paula, Candice are not always on and then they bring in Sherri & Sunny so it always a toss up. I still think Whoopi will be apart of the 20th season. Who going to moderate the show if Whoopi out, Joy? With this being a political season that The View niche, with the politicians coming on always seems to be their thing.

There's been a few tabloid rumors over the last week or so saying that Joy is trying to push Whoopi out. Why? obviously because that means that Joy becomes moderator of the show. Plus, they just signed her to a 3 year contract recently. Having Joy signed does several things: 1.) provides stability and a known face to the show and 2.) it puts pressure on Whoopi to make a decision on her future at The View, 3.) It allows ABC/The View to play hardball with Whoopi and offer her a paycut... Which rumors going around say that ABC wants to cut her salary to $2 million per year.

Not to mention that Joy moderates on Fridays, and the vibe on the show is MUCH better than the other days.

There's been a few tabloid rumors over the last week or so saying that Joy is trying to push Whoopi out. Why? obviously because that means that Joy becomes moderator of the show. Plus, they just signed her to a 3 year contract recently. Having Joy signed does several things: 1.) provides stability and a known face to the show and 2.) it puts pressure on Whoopi to make a decision on her future at The View, 3.) It allows ABC/The View to play hardball with Whoopi and offer her a paycut... Which rumors going around say that ABC wants to cut her salary to $2 million per year.

Not to mention that Joy moderates on Fridays, and the vibe on the show is MUCH better than the other days.

DailyMail has been pretty accurate with reporting all things The View, so I wouldn't be that surprised if the network wants Whoopi out by next season. For me, Whoopi seems to be performing somewhat better than last season, she seems less angry but there are those occasional topics that make it seem like her opinion is the right opinion still.

I feel like Michelle and Raven were initially hired to balance last year's panel (Whoopi, Rosie Perez, and Nicole), as they were able to add more youngness and fluff to the discussion, and the chemistry of all five of them really worked as evidenced by the late spring and summer showings. I just wished they gave Nicole and Rosie P. another chance to grow, both were actually grew by the end of last season. Unfortunately, ABC News dumped Nicole and Rosie P. and gave their own reasons why last season didn't work out for them.

At the start of this season, it was said that Joy was going to be more of a recurring host once Candace finishes filming Fuller House, but it seems like Joy will be full-time now.

The current season lacks stability and it seems like Raven and Michelle are on their way out, seems like the network will just simply honor their contract and replace them with Sonny (who was announced yesterday that she is now part of the ABC News Legal Correspondent and Analyst) and Sarah Haines (who was pretty much baptized as part of The View family yesterday). Both ladies would be an upgrade as both seem more authentic and more well rounded than Raven and Michelle were.

And whatever happened to the six contributors? Weren't they supposed to fill-in once in a while. I don't think I've even Molly Simms back since last summer.

If Whoopi leaves, do you think it's Joy's place to become moderator, or will the network search for someone else (O'Donnell, Meredith Vierra, or etc.)?

• Like 1

DailyMail has been pretty accurate with reporting all things The View, so I wouldn't be that surprised if the network wants Whoopi out by next season. For me, Whoopi seems to be performing somewhat better than last season, she seems less angry but there are those occasional topics that make it seem like her opinion is the right opinion still.

I feel like Michelle and Raven were initially hired to balance last year's panel (Whoopi, Rosie Perez, and Nicole), as they were able to add more youngness and fluff to the discussion, and the chemistry of all five of them really worked as evidenced by the late spring and summer showings. I just wished they gave Nicole and Rosie P. another chance to grow, both were actually grew by the end of last season. Unfortunately, ABC News dumped Nicole and Rosie P. and gave their own reasons why last season didn't work out for them.

At the start of this season, it was said that Joy was going to be more of a recurring host once Candace finishes filming Fuller House, but it seems like Joy will be full-time now.

The current season lacks stability and it seems like Raven and Michelle are on their way out, seems like the network will just simply honor their contract and replace them with Sonny (who was announced yesterday that she is now part of the ABC News Legal Correspondent and Analyst) and Sarah Haines (who was pretty much baptized as part of The View family yesterday). Both ladies would be an upgrade as both seem more authentic and more well rounded than Raven and Michelle were.

And whatever happened to the six contributors? Weren't they supposed to fill-in once in a while. I don't think I've even Molly Simms back since last summer.

If Whoopi leaves, do you think it's Joy's place to become moderator, or will the network search for someone else (O'Donnell, Meredith Vierra, or etc.)?

I agree. They should have let Nicolle and Rosie P. grow. Instead they hastily pulled the plug on them and it just added to the mess. Raven and Michelle's hiring was because of Whoopi, fwiw.

If Whoopi leaves, Joy becomes moderator. She's shown on Friday's that she can handle moderating the group pretty well and everyone doesn't talk over each other as much.

As far as the contributors, they all made an appearance on the halloween show, but after that, only Sherri has come on regularly. Supposedly the contributors were not necessarily added to cover for one of the absent co-hosts. They were added to do special segments, but they've been few and far between.

Last week they had Eva Longoria on the show, and she was really good. Wishful thinking on my part, but she would make a great addition to the show.

I wouldn't mind if Paula left. She sticks out like a sore thumb and it gets cringeworthy watching her and Whoopi together. Obviously one can tell that Whoopi doesn't like her, but it's awkward as hell. They should have added Deborah Roberts instead.

I agree. They should have let Nicolle and Rosie P. grow. Instead they hastily pulled the plug on them and it just added to the mess. Raven and Michelle's hiring was because of Whoopi, fwiw.

I admit, I don't watch regularly anymore, but I'm glad I don't.

I miss Nicolle and Rosie Perez. They were really good as co-hosts and truly had potential.

Thanks to to drama and disasters from backstage, we'll never see that.

IMO, hiring Raven-Symone and Michelle is a huge mistake, as shown with the controversial moments both of them have shown. Clearly, Raven can't say something constructed and sensical and Michelle can't say something worth following or funny.

They have made some inroads with bringing Joy back and hiring Sara, Candace and Paula, along with some of the contributors, but The View isn't what it used to be.

I wish the producers luck in continually finding strong consistency and likability in this group, but for now (at least until the Fall), I won't see myself as a regular View-er.

I think a show with Joy (moderating), Candace, Sunny, Sara and Paula would be good. Getting rid of Whoopi should get rid of the drama and make the hosts more unified and getting rid of Raven and Michele just does us all a great favor.

If Whoopi does resign, I imagine that maybe ABC will sign her to a one year contract and allow Whoopi to have her 10th and final season then.

• Like 3

I caught a show with Paula moderating and actually enjoyed her in that role. But I agree, if Whoopi goes it's Joy's job to lose.

Also of note, Meredith will have more time on her hands come May and Elisabeth has more time as of two months ago, although I think both are under contract with their respective networks.

• Like 1

Now that's an interesting idea. Hadn't thought of that before. I could see Deborah really excelling on the show.

Yeah, I would have preferred Deborah over Paula had they needed someone from ABC News to join the lineup at the beginning of this season.

I don't think this type of show fits Candace's (like how I predicted months ago) and Paula's (tries too hard to play devil's advocate) personalities, they seem to be a little bland. Ever since the whole viral debacle with Raven this summer, Candace has played it pretty safe. Both Paula and Candace are likable, but I don't think they have contributed much to the discussions, Candace especially seems selective on the topics; she may be religious and conservative and offers a different insight but she lacks the political knowledge needed to excel for the show...she still doesn't know which candidates she's interested in for the election.

I feel like this is another transitional year for this show, the show is very lucky that FabLife tanked this season, that helped The View get renewed that's for sure. They need to find the right talent configuration (and the frequent appearances of Sunny and Sara pretty much spells out where the show is heading), IMHO The Talk currently has a better panel of hosts that seem very comfortable and close with each other.

And....? I haven't made my decision either.

Well, I would say at this point one should have some top candidates on their radar, especially if you are on an opinion show. Clearly, she has said that Trump does not appeal to her, but she doesn't really elaborate if she can back the other Republican candidates. But I guess that's the election cycle, Trump has trumped the Republican party at this point. It just doesn't seem like she's done her homework and looked at the other candidates. If Trump isn't her candidate, are there qualities that appeal to her that she can see from the others that are running? As a viewer, I expect more insight from her, but it just seems like she a deer in the headlights when it comes to anything political; Nicolle would have given more insight and substance on the Republican field. I haven't been watching this show daily, so please correct me if Candace has backed other candidates, it just seems like she's been sticking to the bullet points that she's been prepped with.

Now that's an interesting idea. Hadn't thought of that before. I could see Deborah really excelling on the show.

Yeah, Deborah has been a guest co-host a few times this season. She is really down the earth, and gelled well with the other ladies.

I caught a show with Paula moderating and actually enjoyed her in that role. But I agree, if Whoopi goes it's Joy's job to lose.

Also of note, Meredith will have more time on her hands come May and Elisabeth has more time as of two months ago, although I think both are under contract with their respective networks.

Meredith has said that she has no interest in returning to The View, in any capacity. Of course, money always talks...

Yeah, I would have preferred Deborah over Paula had they needed someone from ABC News to join the lineup at the beginning of this season.

I don't think this type of show fits Candace's (like how I predicted months ago) and Paula's (tries too hard to play devil's advocate) personalities, they seem to be a little bland. Ever since the whole viral debacle with Raven this summer, Candace has played it pretty safe. Both Paula and Candace are likable, but I don't think they have contributed much to the discussions, Candace especially seems selective on the topics; she may be religious and conservative and offers a different insight but she lacks the political knowledge needed to excel for the show...she still doesn't know which candidates she's interested in for the election.

I feel like this is another transitional year for this show, the show is very lucky that FabLife tanked this season, that helped The View get renewed that's for sure. They need to find the right talent configuration (and the frequent appearances of Sunny and Sara pretty much spells out where the show is heading), IMHO The Talk currently has a better panel of hosts that seem very comfortable and close with each other.

Yeah, Candace has played it a bit safe and I think that's by design. If she gets too overly conservative and nutty like her brother, then she might put off many viewers- conservative or liberal. But, she and Joy have clashed a few times, nothing too crazy like the incident with Raven last summer, but at the end of the day they are respectful of each other and their differing views.

Well, I would say at this point one should have some top candidates on their radar, especially if you are on an opinion show. Clearly, she has said that Trump does not appeal to her, but she doesn't really elaborate if she can back the other Republican candidates. But I guess that's the election cycle, Trump has trumped the Republican party at this point. It just doesn't seem like she's done her homework and looked at the other candidates. If Trump isn't her candidate, are there qualities that appeal to her that she can see from the others that are running? As a viewer, I expect more insight from her, but it just seems like she a deer in the headlights when it comes to anything political; Nicolle would have given more insight and substance on the Republican field. I haven't been watching this show daily, so please correct me if Candace has backed other candidates, it just seems like she's been sticking to the bullet points that she's been prepped with.

Candace has said that she is leaning towards Rubio as her candidate. She dislikes Trump because of his who he portrays himself as. She doesn't buy into his so-called "Christian values" that he so often touts (in essence saying that he calls himself a Christian, but yet doesn't uphold the true Christian values.)

Why the double standard for conservatives? Have all the other cohosts said who they're supporting or leaning towards?

• Like 2

Why the double standard for conservatives? Have all the other cohosts said who they're supporting or leaning towards?

Joy has been a pretty vocal supporter of Hillary. Whoopi is a liberal, but has not come outright and said she is going for Hillary. Paula hasn't said anything-- although some critics have said that she is constantly defending Trump (she says that she's playing devil's advocate when she has a counterpoint to Trump's critics).

Not putting a double standard for conservative. Joy has said she'll back Hilary. Paula is a journalist at ABC News and will most likely stay neutral. Whoopi seems undecided but at least has communicated what she wants in a candidate. I haven't seen Michelle or Raven that much so I'm not sure where they are leaning. I don't remember Sunny or Sara backing anyone, but I don't think it would be appropriate for them since they appear on ABC News programs.

I might be a little too critical of Candace, she is afterall an actress for an upcoming show and has something on the line, so she's is treading on being more neutral just like a journalist. Overall, she's gotten better, but I'm guessing it's all about gelling with the right people, and she seems better when Raven and Michelle aren't there.

Meredith will be hosting the Rio Olympics in August and taking part in NBC coverage including contributing to TODAY Show so in May she will be preparing for The Olympics. Her talk show is canclled but she contracted with NBC News but I am not sure when that expires.

I just hope Daytime landscape doesn't become a sea of just news. You have to entertain the audience, and give them something to escape from.

Bet ya some network will get with Litton and ask them to produce a whole block of adult daytime.

Myself??

I prefer 'The Real'...dem bitches is cray cray.

• Like 3

Yeah, Deborah has been a guest co-host a few times this season. She is really down the earth, and gelled well with the other ladies.

Meredith has said that she has no interest in returning to The View, in any capacity. Of course, money always talks...

Yeah, Candace has played it a bit safe and I think that's by design. If she gets too overly conservative and nutty like her brother, then she might put off many viewers- conservative or liberal. But, she and Joy have clashed a few times, nothing too crazy like the incident with Raven last summer, but at the end of the day they are respectful of each other and their differing views.

Candace has said that she is leaning towards Rubio as her candidate. She dislikes Trump because of his who he portrays himself as. She doesn't buy into his so-called "Christian values" that he so often touts (in essence saying that he calls himself a Christian, but yet doesn't uphold the true Christian values.)

The ladies on 'The Real' carry switchblades , listen to hip-hop and have discussed doing a 'drive-by' at The View.

Empty Burner, Empty Clip, Empty Bottle

• Like 4

Bet ya some network will get with Litton and ask them to produce a whole block of adult daytime.

Haha That actually seems like a very realistic idea... "Oprah's Greatest Moments Countdown" on ABC, a reboot of "Merv Griffin's Crosswords by The New York Times" on CBS hosted by Paula Abdul, and a new hour of "Orange Room's Access Hollywood TODAY" on NBC recapping the latest/best celeb viral videos hosted by Billy Bush in Hollywood and in New York by already buzzed Kathie Lee and Hoda.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...