ABC The View

BehindNYNews

If you ask me, Nicole is a great on air personality. I think one of the networks should pick her up as a political reporter, she is far better than MSNBC.

As far as I know, she's staying on as a regular political analyst for ABC News and frequent This Week panelist.

I heard she was going back to MSNBC, but if she is staying at ABC, good.

She will not be doing any political work for ABC News. I believe they offered her a spot but she declined that as well. Sadly, the head honchos at ABC really handled the Nicolle Wallace situation poorly. If NBC was smart, they would pick her up for political work on the main network, instead of relegating her to MSNBC. If NBC wants to stick it to ABC, they should have Nicolle be a guest co-host on Meredith's (panel style) talk show...

As usual, The View gets tons of media attention. I found this article interesting. Of course these are all rumors but it says that Executives want Whoopi gone and may want Raven gone too. Apparently in an ideal scenario, they will also bring back Sheri as a full time host and apparently they are willing to make some of these changes throughout the season.

So what I'm envisioning, if this is true (and that's a big if), is Joy moderating alongside Michelle, Paula, Candice and Sherri.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/abc-brings-back-joy-behar-sherri-shepherd-view-whoopi-goldberg-exit-show/

Always gotta take Radar Online with a grain of salt... That being said, as I previously mentioned, with all the changes for this season, the head honchos at ABC won't be putting up with Whoopi's bull. It was Whoopi who orchestrated the hiring of Michelle and Raven and quite frankly they were poor choices for the table. Michelle's jokes are cringe-worthy/awkward and not funny, and Raven is well... (I'll just leave it at that).

Joy made a joke on today's show about not having their faces on the mugs and basically said that, that way it would be easier to get rid of someone.

Ok, so watching today's program, I've had some time to see how the show is doing and how each co-host is doing.

First of all, Joy moderated on Friday and I think it went pretty well and will improve even more over time. It was REALLY nice to have the program without Whoopi.

Whoopi was great when she started on the View but she really is just over powering and too much now. I hope that ratings on Friday's when Whoopi is off are better than the other days so executives can see that it's time for Whoopi to go.

Michelle Collins needs to go, I feel like they added her to fill the "comedy spot" that Joy left, but now that Joy is back, they just need to ditch Michelle because she contributes nothing to the program and her comments are just off and most of her jokes are just bad. Someone put it best on Facebook, she brings the level of smart conversation to a low.

Paula Farris is doing a great job, she is truly filling her role as the "news woman" on the program and she is doing great so far.

Raven while not the brightest of the bunch adds that "pop culture" and younger generation to the table. So she shouldn't be on the politics segments and all but she does add something to the show.

Sherri filled in today since Cameron is out until November and Whoopi doesn't do Fridays. Sherri did a good job, her contributions were great but since she left as a regular co-host, she just seems like she isn't contributing as much and sits there. Hopefully this changes as she is on more and more as a contributed.

Finally, Anna Novarro was on the program today for a political segment and did a great job. She was funny and smart and it was a good part of today's program.

The episode can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD9ceCA91nQ

If you ask me, an ideal set up would be Joy moderating with Sherri, Cameron, Raven and Paula.

I'm sorry this post was so long, I hate long posts but I just wanted to break the show down to it's parts.

• Like 1

You did a good job, very thorough.

I will agree with you that Michelle needs to go. Joy or no Joy, she was never a good fit for the show. Her "jokes" come at the most in-opportune times and even Joy looks annoyed. When Joy is serious, then you know it's not the time to crack jokes, and obviously Michelle doesn't get it.

Raven... Dumb as rocks. Does bring a different vibe to the show, I will say. I agree that maybe she would best be suited for the pop-culture segments. Or better yet, have her become a contributor that has her own segment.

Sherri was a good fill-in today. It seems like she doesn't look too comfortable with the other panelists. Maybe that will get better with time, who knows.

Paula... there's something about her... I can't quite put my finger on it, but I just don't think she fits on the panel. She comes across as inauthentic, at least to me. Then she uses the "journalist" card, and quite frankly, I don't consider her at the same level as Meredith, or even Deborah Roberts (whom they should have hired as the journalist of the panel).

Today's politics segment made me miss Nicolle Wallace even more. Ana was good, but she came across as real bitchy and cold to the other guest (Mark, something, can't remember).

Joy did OK for her first time moderating of the season. She looked a bit nervous and lost at times, but that will improve. I did like how she pegged Michelle a few notches when she was trying to crack her "jokes" and Joy would say "whatever." You could tell that Raven and Michelle were a little bit more behaved with Whoopi away from the table... and that's a good thing.

I do feel like both Raven and Michelle are still sticking out and both need improvement. I wonder if the producers are prepping Michelle to insert jokes and ask the funny questions; the whole Kanye question during the Trump phone interview was unnecessary and added no value to the segment, she needs to use better judgment with using her comedian card during the right times. As for Raven, I always thought that they could have done better if they were looking for a young panelist; I don't think she's respectful and she just doesn't seem authentic when she interacts with people of different backgrounds. She was talking to Ciara today and she just seemed fake when they were talking about celibacy. Both Raven and Michelle do well with anything current about pop-culture, which seems like the main reason they hired both since Nicolle/Rosie Perez/Whoopi are of the older demographic.

With all their political discussions this past week, Nicolle is sorely missed, she would have given a more tough and more articulate perspective against Trump. ABC News made a bad decision with letting her go, she was of value to the show. I see that NBC News has been utilizing her talents at various places, she was used as a "Republican Strategist" during a segment yesterday on a local NBC evening newscast. I wish her luck and would be interested to see if her role will expand on MSNBC or NBC News.

Glad to see Sherri again, it's ironic that they've got ahold of Joy and Sherri again; Candace pretty much holds Elisabeth's role if you ask me, which means none of them should have gotten cut and this backtracking shows that they've realized that they made the wrong decision two years ago.

Overall, Whoopi just seems too loud and too dominant and seems to shut out Paula when she tries to give out her view. I'm still waiting for Paula to come out of her shell, she needs to be more assertive but she does shy away from anything naughty and sexual that comes out from Raven/Whoopi/Michelle. It's great to see Joy back. We haven't had much of Candace and wonder if she'll actually last, I just don't see her committing to the show long-term I'm sorry to say, her family lives in the West Coast, this arrangement is so inconvenient and impractical if you ask me... ABC, just admit that cutting Elisabeth was a bad decision and invite her back...or let's bring back Nicolle!

As for the set, I feel like it's a downgrade. None of the new elements complements the design of the set. I'm not into their screen background, which looks like a mess, same thing with the duratran-like screens on each side of the large television screen. Too much color going on and it looks too busy for my eyesight, I actually preferred last season's color combinations of blues and oranges. I'm also not into their two on-air logo versions that they've used for "The Political View" segments in the past week. I feel like they could have used better couches and table pieces as well.

I record the show again since Joy is back. From what I've seen in the first week, the show seems far more enjoyable than last season--although I don't understand why they will have 6 people when Candace returns. Maybe not everyone will appear everyday? I watched a few times last year when Rosie O'Donnell joined the show and even then I didn't think the show was very good. I didn't like the year with Jenny McCarthy either. The co-hosts walking out to silly music and high fiving the audience was ridiculous. The glory days were the ones with Meredith Vieira, Star, Joy, Lisa, and Barbara. The show as awesome then.

• Like 2

I record the show again since Joy is back. From what I've seen in the first week, the show seems far more enjoyable than last season--although I don't understand why they will have 6 people when Candace returns. Maybe not everyone will appear everyday? I watched a few times last year when Rosie O'Donnell joined the show and even then I didn't think the show was very good. I didn't like the year with Jenny McCarthy either. The co-hosts walking out to silly music and high fiving the audience was ridiculous. The glory days were the ones with Meredith Vieira, Star, Joy, Lisa, and Barbara. The show as awesome then.

They won't do the 6 person panel too much. When Candace returns, they'll probably do it for a few days to get her acclimated then Joy will take some days off (she said so herself). So really, the only day that Joy is a sure bet will be on Fridays-- and days that Whoopi is off. That being said, I predict that all hell will break loose between Raven and Candace on a day when Joy is not there.

• Like 1

I do. I think it was pretty offensive. Felt as they were mocking them in a way. And today's "apology" likely made things worse

With all due respect, so what? The ladies state their opinions everyday, and at least one person is bound to disagree or be offended. I'm sorry whatever they said rubbed you the wrong way, but it really has nothing to do with that thread...but that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

Honestly, things got blown out of proportion because of Joy's comment when she said why Miss Colorado was "wearing a doctor's stethoscope." Were Joy and Michelle ignorant and un-informed with their comments? Yes. Was it something to get overly pissed about? No. The fact that people can chime in via Facebook and Twitter only fans the flames even more. It's not as if they called nurses murderers, or some other demeaning name.

• Like 1

For me, I don't see what the problem was either. From what I remembered from that episode, Michelle was the only lady on the panel who saw parts of the Miss America program. The narrative of that particular discussion was more about the criticism that pageants are still alive and the ladies believed that beauty pageants are an antiquated way of socially judging young ladies in general. Seems like the media took part of the soundbite and made it explode and it hit a nerve with those of the nursing profession. From what I perceive, seems like Joy did not watch the pageant but was simply questioning Miss Colorado's attire, which Joy has the right to question and I don't see how that would be seen as offensive. As for Michelle, she was questioning how different this particular talent performance was and was simply questioning if a career/profession monologue is appropriate for an entertainment program.

If anything, shouldn't we be complaining to OSHA that Miss Colorado is publicly sharing private information that goes against patient confidentiality? Of course we're not, she's a pretty, innocent young lady who deserves better. #NursesUnite

For me, I don't see what the problem was either. From what I remembered from that episode, Michelle was the only lady on the panel who saw parts of the Miss America program. The narrative of that particular discussion was more about the criticism that pageants are still alive and the ladies believed that beauty pageants are an antiquated way of socially judging young ladies in general. Seems like the media took part of the soundbite and made it explode and it hit a nerve with those of the nursing profession. From what I perceive, seems like Joy did not watch the pageant but was simply questioning Miss Colorado's attire, which Joy has the right to question and I don't see how that would be seen as offensive. As for Michelle, she was questioning how different this particular talent performance was and was simply questioning if a career/profession monologue is appropriate for an entertainment program.

If anything, shouldn't we be complaining to OSHA that Miss Colorado is publicly sharing private information that goes against patient confidentiality? Of course we're not, she's a pretty, innocent young lady who deserves better. #NursesUnite

I don't believe that that falls under OSHA's jurisdiction.

Regardless of whether individuals on this board think the comments were offensive or taken out of context, it's about perception. My Facebook feed has been filled the last few days with anti The View posts.

Edit: Johnson & Johnson has suspended its advertising during The View in response to the comments and backlash: http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/17/media/the-view-johnson-and-johnson-ads/index.html.

So I have to wonder if ABC will axe Michelle for this. She wasn't doing well to begin with, they could use this to get rid of her and to make her accountable and maybe people will see that and begin to forgive.

I thought that as well. She's been a lot more subdued recently with her crappy jokes. I think Candace will be back at the table in less than 2 weeks. I'm curious to see what will happen then. Will Joy take days off like scheduled, or will they use Candace's return to push Michelle into a "Contributing" role. Although, I must say, that while the whole nurses fiasco was much ado about nothing, Joy was getting the brunt of the negativity, when in reality it was Michelle's comments that started the whole thing. Keep in mind, they have Sherri available just in case...