All about Raycom Media....

tyrannical bastard

WOIO has added another new morning anchor to the team - Julian Glover from WAVE-TV in Louisville.

[url=http://www.wave3.com/story/36452042/wave-3-news-sunrise-crew-says-good-bye-to-julian-glover][/url]

http://www.wave3.com/story/36452042/wave-3-news-sunrise-crew-says-good-bye-to-julian-glover

It will likely be him and Neeha Curtis as the anchors at the main desk in the mornings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KXXV in Waco appears to be broadcasting from their newsroom lately. I assume they are getting a new set or some kind of work is being done in the studio. Also, they are no longer News Channel 25. They are now branded as Central Texas News Now.KXXV.jpg.fc54743405791ba80c8735441576b0e7.jpg

KXXV in Waco appears to be broadcasting from their newsroom lately. I assume they are getting a new set or some kind of work is being done in the studio. Also, they are no longer News Channel 25. They are now branded as Central Texas News Now.[ATTACH=full]4663[/ATTACH]

KXXV needed a new set badly. Even if it's a Raycom set in a box that will be a big improvement.

I don't like the new name or logo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Follow-up. First posted on FTVLive this morning.

unnamed.jpg

This doesn't look like a station group logo to me. Don't like it one bit.

Same could be said about some of the other station logos that have rolled out over the years.

This probably would have worked better had Raycom kept the blue and red color scheme of their now outgoing logo.

unnamed.jpg

I prefer their old logo. Sinclair also changed their logo last year, and I like their previous logo better. Is the logo on their website right now (and for Raycom Sports)?

KXXV needed a new set badly. Even if it's a Raycom set in a box that will be a big improvement.

I don't like the new name or logo

KXXV's new set debuted this week, and it is the "set in a box" if you will. All that I've seen of it online from clips thus far is just the main desk and backdrop that they are decent with changing for the various dayparts. It also looks like they've toyed with using both live images (Ex: A sunset over downtown for the first few minutes of the 6 PM newscast this evening) and static images for most of the other shows. The temporary set was just a section of wall in the newsroom that has been used for years as a space for stand-ups, and functioned in that way for the duration of construction.

What was interesting, and I had wished they had posted online, was like a 5 minute walk through of the studio space on Ann Harder's midday show back in October around when they started to tear down the old set. It looked somewhat narrow back in the analog days, but positively tiny in the HD era. Keep in mind that the shots often showed curtains for the section of walls just outside of frame. I always thought the weather center was somewhat of a clone of KWTX's from the late 90s, but at a fraction of a size and design budget, and it looked super cramped in that segment. The meteorologist hinted at new equipment and a new set that was being included, but the latter I haven't seen thus far.

I think they've changed up some of the cuts of Inergy that they use in the re-branding to Central Texas News Now. That branding to me is still a bit odd since most of the time the L3s have that title at the top, but at the bottom they reads "KXXV News 25", which never seems to be used as a tag out of anyone's story. Consistency is just whatever at this point...

Oh well, I'll be in both Waco and College Station in the week. The local stuff always seems to provide a few gems you just can't glean from the online streams. I'll be particularly interested to see if there's any local branding left on KRHD other than the weather segments that KXXV produces.

unnamed.jpg

It looks like R^ycom tried to m^ke ^ cre^tive logo, but f^iled. The use of tr^nsforming ‘A’s from upside down ‘V’s in ^ logos feels overly used. See wh^t I me^n?

KXXV has two more phases left in their set. Apparently there is a lot more work to be done in the studio and this project might go into Spring 2018.

About how much else can be put into that small studio of theirs? Well, other than a weather center.

Archived