All about Raycom Media....

tyrannical bastard

Just thought of this. If and when WOIO flips over to new branding, and music. It won't be Aerial, due the Kent State University TV 2 uses Aerial for its student newscasts. @Myron Falwell might want to chime in on this one.

What about using This is the Place? Granted it might get confusing in the Youngstown DMA where WOIO is still carried because of WFMJ using TITP. However, WKBN uses Enforcer (albeit different cuts from WOIO) and they're BOTH carried in the city.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thought of this. If and when WOIO flips over to new branding, and music. It won't be Aerial, due the Kent State University TV 2 uses Aerial for its student newscasts. @Myron Falwell might want to chime in on this one.

They could always use CBS Local if push comes to shove.

I doubt Kent State's use of it would affect its usage by WOIO. As far as I know, TV2's reach may be limited to Kent's main campus, and maybe no further than Time Warner's Kent system.

As for "This is the Place", it's fair game since Cleveland and Youngstown are separate markets. That never stopped WKYC from picking up 615's "Impact" almost a year and a half after WKBN started using it. And at the time, virtually all of the Cleveland stations were available on cable in Warren, firmly in Trumbull county and the Youngstown market.

They could always use CBS Local if push comes to shove.

I'd be shocked if they used anything else besides CBS Local.

KFVS also used to have Enforcer and switched to CBS Local within the last month. I just assumed that WOIO would do something similar.

I'd be shocked if they used anything else besides CBS Local.

KFVS also used to have Enforcer and switched to CBS Local within the last month. I just assumed that WOIO would do something similar.

As did WBTV. As I said before, they've used the "I Love Chicago" signature since 2002 and it seems to have worked, so I wouldn't think that they would change now.

We (finally!) have a Raycom station using TITP, and it's WFXG in Augusta. WFXG has its news produced from WTOC if I'm not mistaken.

Raycom is investing in a new OTT network which is basically another Travel Channel. It's known as PTA Networks. Raycom will also be responsible for distributing PTA's shows onto linear TV. Will they be sold to a diginet? Will Raycom launch a PTA diginet? Or will Raycom sell PTA shows for broadcast during weekend windows since pre-recorded travel shows probably wouldn't do well on a daily basis. Another option would be to sell to a Disney network like FYI (since Raycom and Disney have a relationship) or to sell the programs to another cable network. I also wonder if PTA will launch a roadtrip show for ACC campuses?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/raycom-media-makes-strategic-investment-150100774.html

At the moment that is the plan considering the latest swap.

http://deadspin.com/suit-saints-owner-tom-benson-is-being-manipulated-by-h-1681345399

The daughter and grand-children are suing saying that Gayle is manipulating Mr. Benson.

This also has letters stating that the children are out and Gayle is in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived