Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Spring Rubber

Random WFLD thread

Shame about Peppler. I really liked her balanced approach when covering the Bears, etc... They can't seem to hang on to their #2 sports anchor/reporter for long. Peppler is the 4th one to leave in the past 5+ yrs I believe. 

FOX is likely to ride out Weigel's contract and not renew it. I'm guessing he signed a 3-yr deal in 2017 which means there's just a few months left on it.  The situation remains too troubling to have him on-air in any role. 

Siera Santos has been freelancing at 32 for awhile now, so I'll assume she'll take over the #2 role.

2 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

Siera Santos has been freelancing at 32 for awhile now, so I'll assume she'll take over the #2 role.

It's possible, but my guess is that they select someone else and she would remain in her current freelancing role (along with Mitch). Given the growing # of job openings at WFLD (ranging from anchors/reporters to producers and so on), they likely won't be making any decisions anytime soon.

Looks like new graphics hit today. WFOL in Orlando has them too. WNYW not yet. Retuned music at noon too. 

20200124_185124.jpg

20200124_185444.jpg

20200124_185420.jpg

Edited by slim4155

Of course they would butcher this. The bug and L3's are nice. But they are still using the opens and transitions from the previous package. I wish they would use the full version of this new package. 

1 hour ago, 312newswannabe said:

He wasn't in the latest slate of GDC promos, so the writing was on the wall. Hopefully his therapy and treatment will help him out, on and off the job.

2 hours ago, 24994J said:

He wasn't in the latest slate of GDC promos, so the writing was on the wall. Hopefully his therapy and treatment will help him out, on and off the job.

Let’s be honest... he wasn’t coming back from this. Maybe if he recognized he had a problem and taken a personal leave of absence before all of this broke; the chances of him keeping his job would have been greater.

Nevertheless, hope he continues to seek/receive the necessary treatment he needs.

• Like 2

On 1/28/2020 at 3:03 PM, CLETVFan said:

Terrence Lee is leaving WEWS, and is headed for Chicago.  His final newscast on Good Morning Cleveland is February 7.

19 hours ago, NBC 5 Chicago said:

I wonder where in Chicago he is headed?

19 hours ago, 24994J said:

If it's as a reporter, it could be anywhere. If as an anchor, WBBM and WFLD have had job listings for awhile, though the former has recently taken down the position, implying that CBS 2 may have filled the position.

14 hours ago, Greggo said:

WFLD maybe? They've got a fresh opening after booting the previously suspended Rafer Weigel earlier this week.

Feder says its WFLD. 

Also WGAL reporter Brittany Garzillo is also joining the station as a reporter.

• Like 2