Random WFLD thread

Spring Rubber

Kristen Nicole is the name that you're looking for. Maybe she takes over for Anita (who then goes back to just reporting) or Kristen goes back to GDC Weekends where she started when she came to WFLD. They needed another guy on the mornings and Anthony is a solid pick.

Kriste is going night side per her ig post

Kriste is going night side per her ig post

I’m assuming to work the ‘Live Desk’ @ 5 and report @ 9P?? Guess we have to wait and see on Monday. I wonder if she’ll bump Sylvia as #2 (Dawn’s backup). If so, I’m not liking that idea.

• Like 1

Whenever Kaitlin Cody does the weather, I cringe... she talks to viewers like they are 2 years old. Between the hand gestures and baby talk, cringe!

Shes even worse then cheryl at "talking down" she sounds like jillian from family guy

• Like 4

Yes, she is. It's remarkable. Maybe it's the surrounding talent, but Cheryl actually has a wider range of emotion. Kaitlin seems to have only two deliveries: 75 degrees and sunshine and rainbows, or 200 degrees and raining hellfire doom.

Yes, she is. It's remarkable. Maybe it's the surrounding talent, but Cheryl actually has a wider range of emotion. Kaitlin seems to have only two deliveries: 75 degrees and sunshine and rainbows, or 200 degrees and raining hellfire doom.

Agreed! I’m not sure where they found her! But her delivery is cringing; and, she should not be the primary fill-in for Bill. I’d prefer Strehl.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I debated on which station thread to put this in. They nearly switched places, because they also know that this seating arrangement just isn't right. They did an interview and cooking segment, in addition to talking about Linda's new show, and they haven't missed a beat. They should've had Caplan do the weather. He was on the panel at 9am.

1136471864_bandicam2018-04-1312-40-04-429.thumb.png.9c3575987e85dfba1f810ff17a0d2bf0.png

• Like 1

I debated on which station thread to put this in. They nearly switched places, because they also know that this seating arrangement just isn't right. They did an interview and cooking segment, in addition to talking about Linda's new show, and they haven't missed a beat. They should've had Caplan do the weather. He was on the panel at 9am.

It was great to see Sylvia, Linda and Mike together at 9A. They went all out for this reunion w/ Linda (live at 9A and Noon, pre-taped segment, cooking segment, etc..).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since no one has brought this up I think WGN is in trouble. FOX 32 tied WGN adults 25 to 54 at 9pm. Every time I watch they get better am better. Call me crazy I think there the best late news in Chicago. You could argue 7 but I think there targeting a different crowd Rob and Ikria ( I know I spelled her name wrong) are just so boring. I don’t like the new guy on WGN. Rob and Allison don’t have that same chemistry that they use to.

• Like 4

Dawn and Corey at 9 p.m. are a solid and authentic team! They have genuine chemistry and are strong, knowledgeable members of their field. The news is relevant, they’ve added some amazing talent (Rafer, etc.). Fox is definitely back. Props to Herndon too, bc he did a fantastic job while he was at WFLD.

They went away from the Sirott news format years ago and the traditional Fox tone since then, got some established veteran talent, and got a new set, and it's given them the quality and credibility they've desperately needed. We had been campaigning for moves like that for half a decade.

• Like 1

So y'all saying that WFLD is back in the game? Say it ain't so.

They have been making smarter decisions over the past few years coupled with the fact that they have weathered the loss of key people (Herndon, Wall, Smith, etc..) better than in the past. Even the addition of the Good Day After Show (on Facebook) has been a plus in my book.

• 2 months later...

The 4-6A hours are now branded as 'Good Day Wake Up' with the 6-10A hours remaining under the 'Good Day Chicago' banner. My guess is that this change took place recently (within the past week or so).

The 4-6A hours are now branded as 'Good Day Wake Up' with the 6-10A hours remaining under the 'Good Day Chicago' banner. My guess is that this change took place recently (within the past week or so).

I saw the ad this past Sunday, but I had no idea that it was new, so I didn't say anything.

• 2 weeks later...
I tuned in to Fox 32 at Noon and I heard the Beyond news music package by Stephen Arnold Music in their news open and bumpers now, but the station is still using the Fox O&O News Theme by OSI Music in some teasers.

The 9 o'clock news appears to be the only show using Beyond, top to bottom, but I haven't seen the morning show lately.