Random WFLD thread

Spring Rubber

No, I just like not seeing the chairs and legs at the ends... it looks crammed in there and uncomfortable...

I get your point. I don't like seeing some people sitting and some standing (I'm talking to you WBBM, WMAQ, WGN). The desk should, in theory, be big enough to fit everyone. In this case, outside of an election night, four people are not likely going to be sitting at the desk for a long period of time (maybe a couple of minutes at the most).

It's alright. Lots and lots of screens. I see those tacky ass lights above the stand up area are still there. Did anyone see a weather center this morning? Also, any interview areas or are they going to still use that windowed room?

There is no weather center. That space got eaten away with the remodel and the green screen they use takes up a ton of space. Caplan posted a BTS video on his Facebook page, so you can see it for yourself. There is a space over there however that they could set up a weather desk, like WLS has, if they wanted to. Again, see the video.

• Like 1

I get your point. I don't like seeing some people sitting and some standing (I'm talking to you WBBM, WMAQ, WGN). The desk should, in theory, be big enough to fit everyone. In this case, outside of an election night, four people are not likely going to be sitting at the desk for a long period of time (maybe a couple of minutes at the most).

There is no weather center. That space got eaten away with the remodel and the green screen they use takes up a ton of space. Caplan posted a BTS video on his Facebook page, so you can see it for yourself. There is a space over there however that they could set up a weather desk, like WLS has, if they wanted to. Again, see the video.

I guess the weather set/desk is in the very back of the studio. (According to Jenny's Facebook Live video this morning.)

I guess the weather set/desk is in the very back of the studio. (According to Jenny's Facebook Live video this morning.)

Yeah..so they (weather and traffic) have a little spot behind the set itself where they work. Not too bad a space given the temporary crappy setup they had to deal with for 3 months.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Moments ago Bill Bellis interruped Harry to do a severe weather update he was at the green screen since they have a new set with no weather center looks like he will have to stand at the green screen they use to quickly show him at the weather center and then just show graphics

• 2 weeks later...
Sally Schulte (sp?) made her debut on the 5P newscast today (at the Live Desk). I'm guessing she's per diem. At least they are adding more bodies over there at WFLD.

Close enough. According to her LinkedIn profile, Sally Schulze is a '93 U of I grad who's anchored in Champaign, Chattanooga, Seattle, and most recently in Orlando. She last held such an on-air position in 2008. Billed as a "recovering newsie", Sally has spent much of her recent life working on social justice issues, and tweeting/re-tweeting about social issues, attending political marches, and spreading some rather politically charged messages. Is that a problem? No, I guess not, considering it is a public, yet non-professional account. HOWEVER, appearing on-air might give some light to such divisive opinions. Displays of such statements and messages might also receive some criticism, considering that she's been a writer at FOX32 for almost a year.

Look, I believe that most sane people can put professionalism and fairness before their politics, but this it might be time to set that account to private, and start a new one for reporting, otherwise...FAKE NEWS! BIASED MEDIA!

291583126_bandicam2017-07-0600-33-21-711.thumb.png.3610e5756ef54249c887ad5166c09bfe.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Rafer Weigel could be coming back to Chicago as a news anchor at Fox 32. He's been auditioning off camera.

http://www.robertfeder.com/2017/08/09/robservations-csn-chicago-cuts-chris-boden/

Very Interesting...adding more people is always a plus. Corey is back on GDC today w/ Anita in studio anchoring (and doing Facebook Live).

• Like 1

That's a shame. All the best to him and his family's situation. I think they could make a decent transition to Schneider, McPherrin, or even Weigel, because there doesn't appear to be such a high pressure around the place like with previous regimes. They've shown reasonable stability, improved their product, and the new set has shown that corporate is willing to invest. They may not build viewership, but I don't see them losing a ton like during previous transitions.

• Like 1

This had been rumored for awhile. He was going to step down last year I think, but decided to renew only for 1 year. The 5P/9P spot is likely going to be a choice between Scott and Rafer. They don't need to make any more changes (moving Corey) in the morning. Best to leave GDC as is for now to continue to build ratings and such.

• Like 2

I bummed about this. Jeff's a good anchor, seems like the nicest guy too. He & dawn have a real chemistry, and as much as I don't care for Bill Bellis or Lou Canellis, all four of them worked well together.

But Rafer Weigel?! Talk about unlikable! Has NONE of his father's personality. But, lucky for him, he has his name! Oh this city!:smash:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Despite the program guide's claim of Fox 32 News following the late preseason Bears game, so dice. They went directly to Fox 32 Postgame Live. (Speaking of which, I'm surprised that CSN/NBC doesn't have a trademark on the Postgame Live name.)

I did a search for that trademark "Postgame Live"...

I don't want to spoil the fun for anyone who wants to search for themselves..

You can search trademarks here....Have fun!

http://www.trademarkia.com/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Trademark - USA&utm_term=+trademarks&utm_content=TM Head - BMM