Random WFLD thread

Spring Rubber

Best set in the market it beats even WLS

But we have to remember WFLD has the second highest budget behind WLS so its no suprise they have a nice set its the best looking out of all the FOX O&Os with the exception of WOFL and WAGA i guess

Do they have a weather center on set? I see him at the green screen but i dont see the weather center did they throw the weather stuff in the back room other than that the set looks great

I've got caps in a bit, but WOW. Possibly the best in the market.

I'm going to go ahead and give it to them (best in the market). I was afraid that that was a two-person anchor desk (I hate those), but glad to know it's not.

I'm going to go ahead and give it to them (best in the market). I was afraid that that was a two-person anchor desk (I hate those), but glad to know it's not.

Fox's is brighter and cleaner, but I give 7 a handicap for doing all they did in that tight space. To me, the two stations are 1A and 1B. Very well done by WFLD.

• Like 5

You guys are just biased towards WFLD its bright and modern what do you guys want a dungen like KTLAs set and yes the weather centers probably in a corner in tge newsroom unless they plan on assembling the old weather center in the newsroom or putting it uo where the 3x3 is now they dont need it now they have plenty in the main studio and for the record Tribune media has the cheapest looking sets ie WPIX

And its tied for the first best set in the market with WLS. WMAQ is a close third their set is really nice especially with the updated weather center. WBBM is cramped they have like one stand up area at least they have a weather center now and I guess WGN is gonna get another 10 years out of their set with doing a total update to the weather office

And what do you mean small desk Jeff Dawn Bill and Lou can sit at the desk a 5th person couldnt fit but what do you want a giant desk like KGO get with the times the current sets are little to no wood all monitor the retro looking panels is unique nit the standard blue paneling or wood and the worst fox updated sets are WTVT and WJBK its detroit but still

What average viewer is going to notice this? I mean it's not ugly but it's just not exciting. At all. It's a news set, that's about it. A 1995 news set. And that desk may not technically be a two-seater, but it's as close as you can get to one - you can see the weather & sports guys' chairs and lower bodies for Pete's sake. I was watching at 5 to see if it might debut and all I can say is major yawn as far as I'm concerned. Other than that, nice! LOL

• Like 3

I disagree about the set they could make some of the graphics cleaner but the set itself is nice and at least their not standing or in high chairs that is the trend at FOX now

Side note i see they have LED lighting

I get it now the desk is small so Bill and Lou etc can stand up before weather segments etc without always having to sit down but big enough for things like closings

What average viewer is going to notice this? I mean it's not ugly but it's just not exciting. At all. It's a news set, that's about it. A 1995 news set. And that desk may not technically be a two-seater, but it's as close as you can get to one - you can see the weather & sports guys' chairs and lower bodies for Pete's sake. I was watching at 5 to see if it might debut and all I can say is major yawn as far as I'm concerned. Other than that, nice! LOL

Completely agree! I'm just waiting for somebody to go flying backwards off of that one person, piece of plastic desk... the 2009 set can come back now.

• Like 2

My what a small... um... desk....

I would agree that the platform itself could be larger to allow them to spread out more, but what can you do. It's not like the previous desk was the gold standard of anchor desks.

No "Weather Center" - I wonder if the weather office is staying in the newsroom closet.

We have to wait until the morning to see if there's a weather center/desk for sure. Plus, we get to see what the interview area looks like as well.

I think the old desk would look better than that. They have to sit on stools bc if you put a regular chair there, Lou and bill would half to hang off the platform just to fit. I doubt they keep that desk very long. We'll see though.

My guess is that the stools are easier to get in/out of and can be tucked under the desk out of view (which if you watched the 9, you would have noticed they didn't tuck Bill's stool all the way in/remove it completely).

• Like 4

I would agree that the platform itself could be larger to allow them to spread out more, but what can you do. It's not like the previous desk was the gold standard of anchor desks.

No, I just like not seeing the chairs and legs at the ends... it looks crammed in there and uncomfortable...

It's alright. Lots and lots of screens. I see those tacky ass lights above the stand up area are still there. Did anyone see a weather center this morning? Also, any interview areas or are they going to still use that windowed room?

I still the WLS does it the best in the market.

I pass by the building everyday on my way home from work. Bill Bellis is generally outside doing a segment and he always wears sneakers during the broadcast. I thought it was a little odd when I saw him some dress shoes; that desk won't let him hide.

• Like 1