Random WFLD thread

Spring Rubber

They removed the job posting for a meteorologist, so this could turn into a permanent thing for Rick (or they are not in a hurry to start the search & pulled the posting).

Starting tonight/today @ Midnight, they will air (an edited down, 30 min.) rebroadcast of the 9P news.

And the winner is:

Kaitlin Cody, the morning meteorologist at WCCB, the CW affiliate in Charlotte.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/wfld-adds-meteorologist/188290

Yeah, that lines up with what I was picturing, based on stereotypical Fox practices.

Not quite sure what to make of this, though...

The station says she’ll do the weather on various newscasts after she starts in June.
  • Like 1

When Alexa was doing the weekend 9pm news with Larry a few years ago ot was terrible i couldnt stomach it but to be fair no other O&O station in Chicago has to turn the teleprompter read the lines and have a personality while doing it also have some producer screaming in your ear every two seconds kudos to all the current WFLD talent

I could not get through 1 minute of a 7 minute demo of hers on YouTube.

Good hire.

She's not that bad... still better than Cheryl Scott... this one at least can speak a sentence without mangling it with halting delivery and incorrectly chosen words. The hand gestures and hesitation is an easy fix.

Here's the video we are yakking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzNiz8S46SU

• Like 1

While improved, no one (including myself) is ever going to call Cheryl Scott an eloquent speaker, and yes, she has a higher profile role that Ms. Cody ever will at 32. Maybe I've just gotten used to her, but there's a difference between being overly happy/friendly in delivery and speaking to us viewers like we're 5 years old. To her credit, Cheryl generally avoids the latter, but this girl apparently cannot. Simple terms and occasional verbal flubs (again, way fewer than there used to be) are things I can mostly live with, but newscasters treating me like a baby will ALWAYS drive me up a wall.

Just my personal preference.

While improved, no one (including myself) is ever going to call Cheryl Scott an eloquent speaker, and yes, she has a higher profile role that Ms. Cody ever will at 32. Maybe I've just gotten used to her, but there's a difference between being overly happy/friendly in delivery and speaking to us viewers like we're 5 years old. To her credit, Cheryl generally avoids the latter, but this girl apparently cannot. Simple terms and occasional verbal flubs (again, way fewer than there used to be) are things I can mostly live with, but newscasters treating me like a baby will ALWAYS drive me up a wall.

Just my personal preference.

What specifically do you mean by treating you in that way?

• Like 1

She's not that bad... still better than Cheryl Scott... this one at least can speak a sentence without mangling it with halting delivery and incorrectly chosen words. The hand gestures and hesitation is an easy fix.

I agree she isn't too bad. And thank goodness she doesn't tilt her body when pointing at the map. I can't stand that.

Yeah, that lines up with what I was picturing, based on stereotypical Fox practices.

Not quite sure what to make of this, though...

So in addition to working weekend nights, she will likely appear during the week at Noon (which doesn't have a regular/set news anchor or meteorologist) and sub for Mark (and maybe Bill??) when necessary.

Mr. Caplan is feeling funny tonight... here's his Facebook post:

I have some news to share. As of tomorrow, I will no longer be the meteorologist for the Fox 32 morning show starting at 4:30. That's because we are starting a HALF HOUR EARLIER at 4am! Don't miss all the exciting bleary-eyed weather from yours truly!

Sure got some people's attention, including mine.

P.S. - was hoping we'd have a new set by this weekend, guess not. Typical 'FLD.

He must've gotten in trouble for that one... the "PS" comment is no longer added to the post.

Kind of rude for him to say, considering they gave him a shot after being cut from ABC7

Pretty sure the P.S. is ChiCubsFan's P.S. and not from Mike's tweet.

• Like 7