Random WFLD thread

Spring Rubber

The Saturday night game(s) on ABC bring in big #s, so I'm not surprised they had to go back to it. Honestly, they probably should have just aired it until its conclusion and aired the Cubs post game stuff on 7.2 and then made the switch. Luckily, WFLD/Fox had a better option available and moved their game to WPWR/CW50. Not sure if the Chicago Wolves game on CW50 was over however. Since SNL was new, WMAQ was likely under some pressure to wrap things up and air SNL before 11P.

• Like 1

WMAQ went a solid hour. Meh, that's okay enough. WLS, on the other hand, must've been told by the network to return for the end of the Penn State/Ohio State game, going online-only for like 15 minutes for postgame. They gave the football viewers a ton of warning to switch to 7.2, but then brought it back to 7.1, leaving the game on 2 channels (plus ESPN3), and giving the Cubs fans NO OTA option. That borders on inexcusable, to me.

If it was another team in another city....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
They have a new "studio," if that's what you call it. It's called "Good Day Chicago Studio B." It's a room with a window that over looks the "FOX Plaza" with a table in it so they can do special segments there (i.e. Interview, cooking, etc.).

Isn't that just the Sweetwater bar that they were broadcasting from holiday week?

• Like 1

They have a new "studio," if that's what you call it. It's called "Good Day Chicago Studio B." It's a room with a window that over looks the "FOX Plaza" with a table in it so they can do special segments there (i.e. Interview, cooking, etc.).

I wouldn't call it a studio (which they now call 'Studio 32' (as of 1/9/17). It's a small space upstairs that they previously used for a online sports show with Lou Canellis and Hub Arkush awhile back. My guess is that someone said why are we using space at Sweetwater when we have our own we should be using.

I'm surprised they have never taken advantage (a complete build out) of this space before (particularly now that the view across the street is better, big windows, etc...).

• 1 month later...
Is Fox 32 getting a new set?

Anything's possible. They're certainly due, but all signs point to Fox prioritizing new sets for their most successful stations, which WFLD is not. However, if they're in the newsroom for more than a week with these limited camera angles and such, I'm inclined to think they're making changes...that is if we don't hear anything, first.

• Like 1