Random WFLD thread

Spring Rubber

For one, it's summer so they likely want to take off right after GDC is over to do other things. I can't blame them. Second, Corey is often on assignment taping his 'Chicago Kitchens' thingy or whatever it's called. Plus, unless something major is happening, they (and other stations too) really don't need two people.

As unconventional as it may seem, having solo anchors is common place with them (whether it's @ Noon or on the weekends). Heck...my DirecTV only list Corey @ Noon and they still list Darlene as a reporter on the web site. They don't care much about being consistent about things.

Knowing how bad The ratings are, it's the smart thing to do and not waste time using two anchors.

It took 3 minutes to load and they kept changing the background music every two sec and the screen was a green tint during them. So it looked like alien invaded fireworks but that's a pretty successful day for WFLD! Js

What was with the green tint? It was just a normal live shot right?

I happened to catch a bit of the Noon newscast and in the middle of a story Darlene was talking about, the video/audio feed switched to one of the cameras in the studio.

For nearly 3 minutes, we got to see Tammie working at the weather center practically in the dark because of the lighting upgrade (or whatever they're doing) in the studio. Then out of the blue, some guy (an electrician maybe) steps into frame, looks up at the ceiling and walks away before they cut to commercial.

Of course they don't mentioned this incident after the break as this stuff is the new normal apparently. I can't understand why they keep having so many technical issues.

I happened to catch a bit of the Noon newscast and in the middle of a story Darlene was talking about, the video/audio feed switched to one of the cameras in the studio.

For nearly 3 minutes, we got to see Tammie working at the weather center practically in the dark because of the lighting upgrade (or whatever they're doing) in the studio. Then out of the blue, some guy (an electrician maybe) steps into frame, looks up at the ceiling and walks away before they cut to commercial.

Of course they don't mentioned this incident after the break as this stuff is the new normal apparently. I can't understand why they keep having so many technical issues.

I love WFLD and hope they never change :D :D

Was thinking about this, do you think WFLD will end up becoming the modern CLTV but NOT 24 hours.

In terms of irrelevancy? Not quite, but I don't see how they ever make any movement from 5th place. WBBM is weak, but they have to completely implode for WFLD to have a chance at 4th.

Was thinking about this, do you think WFLD will end up becoming the modern CLTV but NOT 24 hours. I mean they dont have much more staff then CLTV sad to say. Also, does anybody know what the ratings are at CLTV compared to WFLD? I'm just curious thats all...

Actually I do think there are similarities between CLTV and WFLD. I doubt that CLTV's ratings are anywhere close to WFLD, because no one who has satellite or U-verse has access to it. But still, both are basically irrelevant hangers on to relatively successful enterprises. CLTV just sits in a corner of the WGN newsroom while management, for whatever reason, continues to not give a crap about it. 'FLD rots while FOX, for whatever reason, does nothing to fix it. Both have a lot potential, but no one's interested, because apparently it's not worth the risk.

Actually I do think there are similarities between CLTV and WFLD. I doubt that CLTV's ratings are anywhere close to WFLD, because no one who has satellite or U-verse has access to it. But still, both are basically irrelevant hangers on to relatively successful enterprises. CLTV just sits in a corner of the WGN newsroom while management, for whatever reason, continues to not give a crap about it. 'FLD rots while FOX, for whatever reason, does nothing to fix it. Both have a lot potential, but no one's interested, because apparently it's not worth the risk.

On a somewhat related note to that, I recently read an article from a back issue of Broadcasting Magazine which said that around 1990 WFLD was going to launch "Chicago Cable News" alongside TCI and John Coleman, who apparently had just fled WMAQ at that point. One wonders what happened there that made it fall through and if this inspired WGN to go ahead with CLTV.

They're back on the regular set. I haven't seen the whole thing yet, but the lighting is definitely different.

The lighting is a huge improvement. It looks like they left no stone unturned replacing/upgrading everything everywhere. However, they haven't shown (to my knowledge) the interview/performance space nor the area where the touchscreen tv monitor lives, so it's unclear what's going on on that side of the set.

• 2 weeks later...