New Tribune FOX music package?

A3N

For the past month or so, KSWB has been airing a promo using new music. Normally KSWB will use cuts from Trust by inthegroove for promos or even production music but this cut sounds very much like a 615 pack. I think it has some hints of WGN's pack in it. Could Tribune be preparing to rollout a new music package for its FOX affiliates? Video below...

[YT]X3BY95Bv7Mo[/YT]

Not to get all music-theory on you all, but the second note is a half-step too high. The Spirit signature begins with a minor second and this beings with a major second. Although, they obviously got the idea from the Spirit signature, it's not exactly Evolution V.2 or Propulsion... I don't think... unless they just altered the signature for that instance, which is kind of stupid because the real signature would fit just fine.

Not to get all music-theory on you all, but the second note is a half-step too high. The Spirit signature begins with a minor second and this beings with a major second. Although, they obviously got the idea from the Spirit signature, it's not exactly Evolution V.2 or Propulsion... I don't think... unless they just altered the signature for that instance, which is kind of stupid because the real signature would fit just fine.

I've heard at least one Propulsion theme where the signature had five notes instead of six (the first in its NMSA sample), so it's not unheard of for 615 to take liberties with it.

There's also a bit of a delay between the last two notes of the musical logo here.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thought it sounded not-quite-itself, though.

I'm still waiting for the rest of the Tribune FOX stations to get the graphics before we start talking about them getting new music...

THIS. It's dumbfounding that Tribune is fine with the LocalTV Fox affils all looking and sounding archaic and outdated.

Well there could be many reasons for why the graphics package has yet to make it to the former LocalTV stations. Do these stations have the necessary equipment to use the graphics? How many people is Tribune employing at their graphics hub? Plus, it has to be customized for each station- and there are quite a few of them. It's not as simple as snapping one's fingers and bam the station has the graphics. I'll end this by saying that I've seen a few tweaks in the weather portion of the graphics package. KSWB just rolled them out within the last week along with new weather maps/software.

• 2 weeks later...

THIS. It's dumbfounding that Tribune is fine with the LocalTV Fox affils all looking and sounding archaic and outdated.

KTVI is getting a new set. Unless there's another surprise out there we don't know about, this will be one of the first Local TV Fox affiliates to get a new look, music, etc.

I doubt they'll stick with the O&O package because it looks like most Tribune Fox stations are moving away from it.

KTVI is getting a new set. Unless there's another surprise out there we don't know about, this will be one of the first Local TV Fox affiliates to get a new look, music, etc.

I doubt they'll stick with the O&O package because it looks like most Tribune Fox stations are moving away from it.

That's my impression as well.

It will be interesting to see what package is unveiled for KTVI... a variation of the KDVR pack, the KTLA pack, or a totally new look.

Pretty sure that WJW will be next on the list after KTVI's set is done.

• 1 month later...

That's Propulsion V.2 (the one WFAA last used).

That particular cut in the video, yes. If you watch the other videos, there is some newer cuts.

• 1 month later...

And the Spirit signature has risen from the grave, like I said earlier. Clearly Gannett's attempts to kill it off didn't work; it's like Rasputin. It tooks three tries to kill that guy, and it's gonna take more than that to kill the Spirit of Texas, or in this case, San Diego.

And the Spirit signature has risen from the grave, like I said earlier. Clearly Gannett's attempts to kill it off didn't work; it's like Rasputin. It tooks three tries to kill that guy, and it's gonna take more than that to kill the Spirit of Texas, or in this case, San Diego.

As long as WNIR-FM 100.1 in Akron continues to exist, the "Spirit (of Akron)" package will never really be killed off.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived