Mun2 to be renamed NBC Universo

rkolsen

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned here considering this was announced a month and a half ago.

On February 1, 2015 Telemundo's predominantly Spanish language channel (with occasional English content) will be rebranded as

NBC Universo to coincide with their first Spanish language simulcast of Super Bowl XLIV. The channel will carry telenovelas, reality programming and sports content on the weekends.

This year the channel has carried Noticiero Telemundo content such as the State of the Union, the canonization of Pope John XXIII and Pope John Paul II and the presidents speech regarding executive action to change the immigration laws.

Here's their new logo which features the NBC peacock (I was having difficulty embedding the image).

I wonder if this means that someday down the line they would rename Telemundo to include NBC or somehow incorporate the peacock into their logo.

I didn't know where to post this, but I figured that since they carry some news content and that the WGN America thread hasn't been moved that this would be okay. If not feel free to move it.

That logo is terrible.

NBC_2014_Indent_Style.png

The logo for the network proper looks way better (probably because of the snazzy font).

The programming plans do sound convincing, though. I'll give it a chance come February.

As for Telemundo, I think its logo is just fine without the Peacock somewhere in it. Maybe in 10-15 years.

its the 2nd rebrand of the network that began life as GEMS Television, not bad, but NBC better not even THINK about changing Telemundo's name or look ...leave that alone for history reasoning

This isn't a museum.... If the logo doesn't synchronize with the brand than it will be replaced. Logos are changed all the time.

Archived