New ESPN graphics

Viper550

ESPN is using a special edition of the stock graphics for the CFP games this year

[MEDIA=twitter]815294636059230214[/MEDIA]

It's ... I don't know. It's cool, but it feels like a MNF-ized version of the current graphics.

There is way too much happening in the upper left graphic.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's actually their "Command Center" alternate feed (which in this case was on ESPN2). It's meant to be a gigantic wall of stats/camera angles.

Yeah and the SEC Network had the Finebaum Film Room where Finebaum and his "friends" watch the game and offer their real-time insight analysis.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
The Scripps National Spelling Bee also has new graphics, though like the old look, it has no resemblance to any other ESPN property.

Given there was an ESPN live bug *on top* of stuff in the upper left, I suspect those are made at Scripps.

• 4 months later...

[MEDIA=twitter]917212751059144704[/MEDIA]

ESPN has done some tweaks to their NBA graphics, with a considerably smaller scoreboard.

It's akin to one of the hundreds of different sizes they tried last year, but now it's all completely flat too. The ESPN NBA bug is also transparent and alongside the bar.

[MEDIA=twitter]830254474765725696[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]917212751059144704[/MEDIA]

ESPN has done some tweaks to their NBA graphics, with a considerably smaller scoreboard.

Looks more compact, as people don't have to see the sides being bordered up with the smaller scoreboard.

As of tonight, the basketball graphics are no longer centered but left aligned and lowered on the screen (I think) and the ESPN NBA logo is now in color and in the bottom right corner of the screen. Honestly, it looks like a flattened version of last year's just without the giant tab on the right. I'd say it looks much better as the centered look was so awkward. I just ask for the return of light bars for timeouts and not an actual count. That was too much change too quickly.

As of tonight, the basketball graphics are no longer centered but left aligned and lowered on the screen (I think) and the ESPN NBA logo is now in color and in the bottom right corner of the screen. I'd say it looks much better as the centered look was so awkward. I just ask for the return of light bars for timeouts and not an actual count. That was too much change too quickly,

Any kind of sports graphics should be put up to the left and right of the screen, as putting in the center makes it awkward.

ESPN did one more tweak to the new scoreboard; the separate bug is gone, and they put a tab with a normal ESPN logo on the right. It still extends into the larger form from last season if they're showing stats. I didn't mind how it looked last season, but at least this is a bit better.

[MEDIA=twitter]920795995528507392[/MEDIA]

Meanwhile, SEC Network dragged this out for a pre-season scrimmage. I think we're getting new college basketball graphics.

[MEDIA=twitter]921512908777025538[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]921513095545151489[/MEDIA]

Okay, that scoreboard is a bit messy. I'd actually rather have the same layout as the NBA graphics at this rate. But the aesthetic is interesting and is definitely a bit more pleasing than Fox for sure.

• 2 months later...

Archived