WKYT Opens

LexTVandRadio

The music is a definite improvement from Enforcer NG1. NG1 always gets tiring.

I'm surprised that the intro was watered-down. I can see why they had to modify it because due to subtle hints of the former CBS O&O look, but now it looks really cheap, especially without the bold drop-shadows and gradient looking DIN fonts.

66138db8d626b69427c65e9bbc9383bb.png

5df8b84c306852fd5492e4ff56dc921c.png

The endshot with the logo and the city skyline is neat, prolly trying uniform itself to what the other CBS O&O's are doing as done previously.

f6b6633be1b94951d46276b139242e85.png

e1282b6b5ab0249f84e77449b0c29c5e.png

I also love the bumpers, professionally done.

L3s' and the ticker on the other hand...errrr. Let's say it's unique.

This package doesn't really sit very well with me. The L3 and ticker waste huge amounts of space for no good reason, the open feels clunky, and the animation leaves something to be desired. I don't really care for the font treatment either.

Overall, not very impressed.

Guest NewsHound

i'll give them credit for trying to look like an CBS O&O station for about 7 years now. Not sure if they could just buy the CBS package from them?

Not a fan of the bold drop-shadows and gradient looking.

It's a Gray station. They don't buy anything unless absolutely necessary.

Why the hell is the ticker doing what it's doing? Why does it need to be down there showing their slogan and social media stuff? If you're going to have the ticker, put some news in it! It's unnecessary having what they have their now. Plus it's distracting to me. I wanna spend more time looking at it than anything else.

• 7 months later...

The ticker has been updated to the standard Gray "SuperTicker" since this thread started. The plan is to change to a new graphics package from the Gray Hub sometime this fall, and we may be changing music to Arnold's CBS Local as well.

The ticker has been updated to the standard Gray "SuperTicker" since this thread started. The plan is to change to a new graphics package from the Gray Hub sometime this fall, and we may be changing music to Arnold's CBS Local as well.

I like the ticker, it's clean and easy to read. I like WYMT's look too with the ticker.

Do you have a sample of the gray graphics package you all plan to use?

Are all stations owned by Gray Television switching to Stephen Arnold Music?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived