WLS To Air Cubs Games

24994J

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The opening has been changed. More footage has been added, the end animation has changed, and from what I could pause, the teams have been spelled correctly and relocated to the correct cities.

The opening has been changed. More footage has been added, the end animation has changed, and from what I could pause, the teams have been spelled correctly and relocated to the correct cities.

Good I'm glad they got to it finally.

ABC 7 isn't providing that highly prized Cubs player much luck today...

Fun Fact: none of ABC 7's sports anchors do pregame for road games, and, even on a Saturday, minced up 'Windy City Live' segments serve as rain delay programming.

I'm surprised they don't send somebody along... Must not be in the budget after spending all that money on graphics... :D

I'm surprised they don't send somebody along... Must not be in the budget after spending all that money on graphics... :D

It's a big day for sports. Mark will be at the Blackhawks game, JR is in Milwaukee covering the Bulls, and Dionne just got back from Nashville and will (wo)man the desk tonight, so the team is stretched a little thin.

Is rain delay programming brought to you by the First Alert Weather Team?

Wishful thinking.

Option A: they get by fine with 3, working without a 4th for 7 years now. They also use ESPN reporter Jeff Dickerson during football season to lighten the load, and Ryan Chiaverini is a last resort option, as we saw earlier in the year.

Option B: watch yo mouth.

Option A: they get by fine with 3, working without a 4th for 7 years now. They also use ESPN reporter Jeff Dickerson during football season to lighten the load, and Ryan Chiaverini is a last resort option, as we saw earlier in the year.

Option B: watch yo mouth.

I'll take option A since worse teams benefit me directly in every case except the Cubs and Hockey.

So, the game has been officially postponed to a date TBD. I wonder if it will be made up in a spot convenient enough for ABC 7 to televise it or if they'll have to give up the rights to WGN or CSN due to a schedule conflict. I guess we'll find out later in the year when they announce the make-up date and time.

So, the game has been officially postponed to a date TBD. I wonder if it will be made up in a spot convenient enough for ABC 7 to televise it or if they'll have to give up the rights to WGN or CSN due to a schedule conflict. I guess we'll find out later in the year when they announce the make-up date and time.

Maybe they'll flip-flop telecasts with one or the other. Either way, I don't see WLS losing a game unless A.) The Cubs refund them the cost for the game or B.) WGN/CSN pays WLS to take the game.

Archived