New Raycom weather graphics

nhmediaguy

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WMC will reportedly be switching to the new look in a couple of weeks. This news comes as they reveal their new "StormTracker5" storm chasing vehicle which displays the "First Alert Weather" branding that Raycom has been switching to:

11986315_10153180297312756_5718130320582562768_n.jpg?oh=88cbdb69856f5942344d5d94abec44b5&oe=566E95AE

WDAM updated their logo on their website, in addition to their weather app a few weeks ago. I have not noticed an app update for the news app. This may be another step closer to a complete graphics change over...soon? The only station in the region that has not switched to any form of the new graphics would be WLOX.

wdam.thumb.JPG.083baf437b6d4982e5402d1c3caf207e.JPG

WMC will reportedly be switching to the new look in a couple of weeks. This news comes as they reveal their new "StormTracker5" storm chasing vehicle which displays the "First Alert Weather" branding that Raycom has been switching to:

11986315_10153180297312756_5718130320582562768_n.jpg?oh=88cbdb69856f5942344d5d94abec44b5&oe=566E95AE

WMC has indeed switched to the new graphics as of tonight, but only for weather right now. It appears StormTrack Doppler 5 is gone in favor of First Alert Vipir 5, although they've used "Doppler" and "Vipir" interchangeably in the past so the doppler title may see a return.

• 3 weeks later...
Plus, Raycom's WFLX still uses the 2010 look, thanks to the LMA with WPTV.

IMO, that Raycom 2010 (Media General Turret/Film reel) knockoff package is hideous, not that the Media General package was any better. I've never quite understood Raycom's fetish for lets make everything look like a late 90's Windows screensaver. Even weirder is how much of the text and ping-ponging logos never aligned correctly on the 3D perspective axis. Sorry for the mini-rant.... I'm probably the only person who thinks that the 2010 Raycom look is pure Windows screensaver garbage :)

IMO, that Raycom 2010 (Media General Turret/Film reel) knockoff package is hideous, not that the Media General package was any better. I've never quite understood Raycom's fetish for lets make everything look like a late 90's Windows screensaver. Even weirder is how much of the text and ping-ponging logos never aligned correctly on the 3D perspective axis. Sorry for the mini-rant.... I'm probably the only person who thinks that the 2010 Raycom look is pure Windows screensaver garbage :)

Don't forget the "robot arm" graphics that were around for a couple of years!

That neon sign look for "WBRC" is tacky and they would have been better branding as "FOX 6 News"

They should keep that look on their sign on top of Red Mountain in Birmingham, not on air.

Am I the only one who likes the new logo for WBRC? It's simple, distinctive, reflects the station's heritage and is as non-Fox as you can get this side of KDVR and the classic KTVU.

Plus, in comparison to "Cleveland 19" and some S!nclair logo redesigns, this is an absolute winner.

Am I the only one who likes the new logo for WBRC? It's simple, distinctive, reflects the station's heritage and is as non-Fox as you can get this side of KDVR and the classic KTVU.

Plus, in comparison to "Cleveland 19" and some S!nclair logo redesigns, this is an absolute winner.

It's one of those that takes some time to get adjusted to.

I'll pass. They should've just went to a horizontal logo while still using the searchlights around the "6". Additionally, I'm originally from Birmingham and nobody there or Central Alabama remembers or care about the "WBRC" call letters. It's like Raycom is trying to force the calls onto the viewers but most know them as "FOX6". The station's uniqueness is with its own way of looking how it chooses to look while imitating some of the better elements of the O&O package but its own unique look to its logo.

Archived