New Raycom weather graphics

nhmediaguy

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen these posted yet

WTOC http://www.wtoc.com/clip/11796426/suspected-virginia-shooter-former-wtoc-employee

it appears that they no longer use "The Southeast's News Leader" as a slogan

WFXG http://www.wfxg.com/story/29888148/richmond-county-school-system-address-security-measures-in-schools

they are the first one's I've seen use a yellow scheme instead of blue or orange

WFXG's open

KLTV's open

KLTV is using a darker blue than the other stations (or is is purple?). Anyway I like it. I think I prefer it over the lighter blue that we've been seeing so far. Also for some reason even though KLTV has the new graphics their website is still using the red, white, and blue background from the old graphics http://www.kltv.com/

That neon sign look for "WBRC" is tacky and they would have been better branding as "FOX 6 News"

They should keep that look on their sign on top of Red Mountain in Birmingham, not on air.

I don't know. I kinda like the new logo since it's a nod to their call letters even if the typeface doesn't quite match.

Also, they finally dumped MyFoxAL.com in favor of WBRC.com

I hate that logo. I do like that the WBRC call letters have been brought into the branding, however. It's not as "Foxish" anymore.

This means that three of Birmingham's four news-producing stations have all switched their brandings to include their call letters in the past year. First WIAT, then WVTM and now WBRC. And you can bet that ABC 33/40 (WBMA or whatever it is now) won't be joining that club anytime...ever.

I have been wondering when WBRC would debut the new Raycom package. I think I like it.

It is interesting that when 33/40 debuted the sinclair package they adopted the 'First Alert Storm Team' mantra and now WBRC is the 'First Alert Weather' ... Birmingham now has 2 first alerts to choose from.

Lastly, we know have all 4 major players in Birmingham with new graphics. WIAT, then 33/40 and WVTM, and now WBRC .. and I think the best looking graphics by far are used by the folks at WIAT 42 news.

Raycom has apparently adopted First Alert for traffic and weather for all stations. For example, WVUE has been "Your Weather Authority" for many years. They are now "Your First Alert Weather Authority". Another example is WDAM, which has never really had a weather branding, but is now First Alert. Go to your app store and search Raycom. You'll see all of the weather apps are now First Alert.

Raycom has apparently adopted First Alert for traffic and weather for all stations. For example, WVUE has been "Your Weather Authority" for many years. They are now "Your First Alert Weather Authority". Another example is WDAM, which has never really had a weather branding, but is now First Alert. Go to your app store and search Raycom. You'll see all of the weather apps are now First Alert.

Still "Your Weather Authority" on air as of tonight.

Archived