New Raycom weather graphics

nhmediaguy

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at their live stream, KOLD-TV is using new weather graphics. Notice that KOLD is using the blue variant & the KMSB-aired news is using the orange variant.

As of now, the news graphics is still a status quo.

KAIT in Jonesboro, AR also looks to at least have switched weather graphics. Ryan Vaughan implied on Twitter that it's weather-only for now.

WAVE will switch to the new weather graphics tomorrow on the 11am newscast, according to this promo posted by Ryan Hoke: https://www.facebook.com/hokeywx/videos/10153559641479374/

It should be noted that WMC also updated their news and weather apps with the new background.

Ah! You beat me to it! Setting the DVR to make sure I get 'em!

This could have been expected, but WAVE completely switched to the new graphics, not just for weather. They appear to be using the orange theme, at least for the morning shows. Don't know if the color will change for the evening.

I'm glad that WAVE got rid of the "Red White and Blue" package, but why didn't WWBT or WIS get the new graphics first?

WIS rarely follows the status quo. They still utilize the same graphics that are about 7 years old. Before that, they had the Liberty-era graphics. WWBT used to support the Jefferson-Pilot (Lincoln Financial) stations of WWBT, WCSC, and WBTV for graphics. Since Raycom took over, they have been slow at incorporating the Raycom graphics. They still use "some" elements from their J-P era.

WAVE's unique execution of the graphics is superb, kudos to them.

From recently memory I believe WAVE is the second station to execute the graphics without breaking them? I believe the first was WBTV.

Anyways, it's nice to see a American station to have a clean and dynamic package without breaking it, especially when it comes to the Raycom package which is obviously amazing.

WAVE's unique execution of the graphics is superb, kudos to them.

From recently memory I believe WAVE is the second station to execute the graphics without breaking them? I believe the first was WBTV.

Anyways, it's nice to see a American station to have a clean and dynamic package without breaking it, especially when it comes to the Raycom package which is obviously amazing.

I think it looks great myself. Much better than the Sinclair package.

Much better than the Sinclair package.

The Sinclair package is a failed attempt on flat design. Raycom on the other hand nailed it.

Not a fan of the orange (prefer the blue myself).

I think the fact the package allows stations for easy customization is perfect. Giving stations a standardized package is boring enough, but giving each station a unique flair, colour wise, can improve their product.

I completely understand it could be mind-boggling, considering the fact they had the sharp red-blue-white mix for several years now.

Anyways, WAVE have an orange colour scheme is kinda cute. :3

Archived