New Raycom weather graphics

nhmediaguy

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The KY Derby is this weekend, I wonder if they will launch the new graphics this week?

I keep waiting... getting tired of seeing all the promos and some other graphics using Gotham font and then too see those 2013 graphics which are looking cheaper by the day.

WVUE (New Orleans) has been using the new graphics in their weather forecasts on occasion and are using the "blue" theme.

post-2927-0-63905500-1430534163.jpg

How hard is it to install the Gotham font series?

I can understand those stations trying to upload pictures of the weather forecasts with the new graphics to Facebook, et al, and don't have (or can't render) the font, so Arial is the default instead.

But that went live on the air!

• 3 weeks later...

I've been meaning to mention that it looks like WCSC is on the verge of switching to the new Raycom graphics. They've been using the "First Alert Weather" branding for a few weeks as well as borrowing WBTV's First Alert Weather logo.

Or it could be "Cleveland's CBS 19 News."

"LIVE from Cleveland. Honest. Fair. Everywhere. Cleveland's CBS 19 News, starts NOW."

They are definitely phasing out the "Honest. Fair. Everywhere." tagline.

I honestly hope that was a one-time thing. Somehow, that looks even worse than the 2013 graphics horror show.

It looks like they took both packages and put them in a Blendtec blender...

[yt]bFkYKKVuGbk[/yt]

As of right now, WOIO is still using the "19 Action News" name and logo. I have a hunch that the overall switch was set to take place this weekend, but the events of the day messed everything up.

• 2 weeks later...

WAVE's promos are almost exclusively using the new graphics, but the actual newscasts themselves seem to have to be dragged kicking and screaming. The weather department has been using slightly updated "SkyTrack Camera" banners for awhile, but this week, the city identifiers on some of the maps were changed to Gotham typeface. So, here's hoping Monday... again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Caught a little of it on their livestream. The upper 3rds on their radar system are still using the 2007 WEWS graphics they previously used.

Some of the weather graphics have not changed completely, but they're slowly getting those switched out...slowly but surely. They're also known for not using a banner at all on some graphics.

Archived