New Raycom weather graphics

nhmediaguy

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Domitrz no longer does work for Raycom as of last year. The new graphics were made by Limerick Studios, Raycom's subsidiary in Charlotte.

http://www.limerickstudios.com

The only video I could find was a demo of the new weather graphics from WBTV meteorologist, Eric Thomas.

Raycom has a graphics subsidary?? I thought its only subsidary is Raycom Sports, which is also based in Charlotte.

Raycom has a graphics subsidary?? I thought its only subsidary is Raycom Sports, which is also based in Charlotte.

They bought it, and prior to that they had an in-house design firm in Tucson. Moving the design shop to Charlotte likely makes it a lot easier to attract better people, let alone it's actually located closer to many of Raycom's southern stations.

Raycom also owns the Montgomery-based Broadview Media (video production services) and Tupelo-Honey Raycom (production and post-production), which is out of New York.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's not forget, Raycom isn't exactly the fastest when it comes to rolling out graphics packages. Exhibit A-there are still stations using the 2010 look, when the 2013 look debuted almost two years ago now. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for your station to get the gfx.

Let's not forget, Raycom isn't exactly the fastest when it comes to rolling out graphics packages. Exhibit A-there are still stations using the 2010 look, when the 2013 look debuted almost two

Noticed WAVE-3 refreshed their website and some new graphics here. Guess it's coming soon.

WVUE in New Orleans has the new graphics package theme on their website, too. I've found that Raycom's station's website (top banner in particular) typically reflect the current graphics in use or soon to debut. I'd keep an eye out for New Orleans and Louisville, especially New Orleans, since WVUE is really the newest station in the group. Speaking of New Orleans, Raycom has been slow to put the "Raycom charm" on that station. At least when WIS and WBTV used their own graphics package, the weather graphics (7-day forecast in particular) screamed Raycom. WVUE does have the mobile app stinger that I am sure most stations used at the closing of each newscast.

With this new package, you will know when a station is getting the graphics when the weather department start using them. As mentioned earlier, it's evident that the weather graphics are rolling out first for a couple of weeks, yet WLBT introduced them to social media a month or so before their debut on television.

From what I've seen so far it looks like all of WLBT/Fox 40 meteorologists are using the same background and graphics. Maybe they will make them work later on down the road.

You'll see this graphic change as the staff changes it as it is a direct link from the server. When this was originally posted it was right after they fully made the switch. It was not a great example of the new graphics if I must say.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone do news on the CW? Would be a good fit ;)

From Raycom? It's called WUPV 65 with "The CW News at 6:30" from sister station WWBT 12.

WQWQ/WQTV/KFVS-DT2 is also The CW, but airs rebroadcasts from some of KFVS 12's newscasts.

Other than that, that's all I know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hawaii News Now (KGMB/KHNL/KFVE) is using the new graphics for the weather segments.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/video

Still using the old package for everything else.

Not sure when it happened but Hawaii News Now is using the new package throughout their newscast now (excluding the open which still remains the same).

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/category/198303/livestream

Archived