New Raycom weather graphics

nhmediaguy

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now Ohio Media Watch is reporting that WOIO/WUAB (among several major staff changes) may be ditching the "Action News" brand altogether.

So if a Raycom graphics revamp is on the way, it may make the most sense for WOIO/WUAB to get the new look first.

I got dibs on NewsCenter 19.

On a more serious note, why would Raycrap ditch Action News, which has built up a brand equity since 2002? Sure, 19 Action News has it's bouts of infamy but like a poster said earlier, it has been one of the most successful post-1994 big-3 affiliates on record. Looks like we are going to have another WBBM on our hands.

I got dibs on NewsCenter 19.

On a more serious note, why would Raycrap ditch Action News, which has built up a brand equity since 2002? Sure, 19 Action News has it's bouts of infamy but like a poster said earlier, it has been one of the most successful post-1994 big-3 affiliates on record. Looks like we are going to have another WBBM on our hands.

It looks like WOIO is in for an overhaul — their ND is also out. Given that WOIO definitely has been one of the most successful of the post-1994 Big Three affiliates, this makes no sense, but it looks like 19 is headed for a complete change to its newscasts.

Knowing Raycom, "Cleveland News Now" is not out of the question.

Considering their other duopolies are using that same branding (including the one in neighboring Toledo), I wouldn't be shocked if that's what it ultimately is.

Question for those in the Cleveland market, has WOIO slipped in the ratings lately? I thought I saw something suggesting that so I'm wondering if that's why the overhaul is taking place.

Considering their other duopolies are using that same branding (including the one in neighboring Toledo), I wouldn't be shocked if that's what it ultimately is.

Question for those in the Cleveland market, has WOIO slipped in the ratings lately? I thought I saw something suggesting that so I'm wondering if that's why the overhaul is taking place.

I'm from the Youngstown market but I can tell you why WOIO slipped.

*CBS not being dominant some nights as it used to

*WJW starting a 4pm news to battle WOIO

*Action News being neutered

Those are my thoughts. Maybe Myron Falwell could add a few more.

If WOIO dropping the 19 Action News name, they might as well change to either CBS 19 News, or 19 Eyewitness News.

Knowing Raycom, "Cleveland News Now" is not out of the question.

WTOL uses both the "WTOL 11 News" and "Toledo News Now" branding for their newscasts.

So it wouldn't be out of the question to see WOIO use both "CBS 19 News" and "Cleveland News Now" branding.

Archived