New Raycom weather graphics

nhmediaguy

Really. I thought WFLX was the only one that still hadn't updated their graphics. I'm guessing they're not going to because, WFLX is a sister station to WPTV, owned by Scripps.

And what about Tuscon News Now? Have they updated their graphics? Or if they haven't, when are they (and WFLX) going to update their graphics?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And what about Tuscon News Now? Have they updated their graphics? Or if they haven't, when are they (and WFLX) going to update their graphics?

KOLD/KMSB both are using the new graphics for weather. Everything else remains the same for the moment.

Btw, I checked out WIS-TV on Wikipedia and it seems like they have changed their slogan to LIVE. Local. NOW. as well.

I'm pretty sure that was used by another Raycom station, I always thought that even though the graphics are generic and corporate but with some minor changes here and there, small markets will look quite nice. But this also takes years to change.

Why is there so much space between the L3s and the ticker? Why is there even a ticker at all for the late news, especially in a market such as Hattiesburg? Boy, I thought it was bad that WOIO brought back a ticker for EVERY newscast (a tradition that should've died with the Action News era).

There's room for another ticker (breaking news or severe weather) to fit in the empty space if it's needed. That way they can have both tickers up at the same time.

• 1 month later...

On a related note, WTOL has killed off the Toledo News Now name for its website and separate news branding for American Spirit Media sidecar WUPW. WUPW also, for the first time since 1999, is branding as Fox 36 again. Curiously, it appears as if they gave a nod to their history here, because the "36" numbering is similar to the logos they used in the 90's before branding as just Fox Toledo.

90hxsjf.png

It seems as if WTOL has the blue version, and WUPW seemed to be using the orange version before this change.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm 99.9% sure that KOLD has been using them for awhile now.. like several months

And I'm 99.9% sure that they have only used them for weather graphics because they were still using old graphics, as early as two weeks ago.

EDIT: A new logo for KMSB was also introduced recently and it reflects the FOX O&O logo look with searchlights.

Looks like WLOX is the only station that I have noticed that hasn't completely switched, excluding the Drewry stations and KNIN. WFLX has yet to even switch to the new website format more less the new graphics.

WFLX has the same graphics from pre-2011 and Raycom graphics have switched twice since then. Don't expect KNIN to get them since they've been so KIVI/Journal-esqued for a long time now.

EDIT: WLOX has them for weather graphics so they're halfway there.

WFLX has the same graphics from pre-2011 and Raycom graphics have switched twice since then. Don't expect KNIN to get them since they've been so KIVI/Journal-esqued for a long time now.

EDIT: WLOX has them for weather graphics so they're halfway there.

Correct -- WLOX hasn't completely switched.

Also, I just noticed KAIT hasn't completely switched either. They're still using them for weather only.

I kind like KOLD's new logo... Did it come with the overall package or have they had it for a bit??

I believe the new graphics and logo debuted at the same time. The new Tucson News Now logo debuted prior to the graphics and station logo.

• 3 weeks later...

To recap on some of the WBRC comments: I love the new WBRC logo and branding! A little throwback feel with their vintage sign, just wish it was the exact same font though. I like the package overall. A few things bother me though. They have made some tweaks with the ticker. Sometimes I think they now add a second ticker from another package which looks odd. Their volunteer weather watchers graphics are a mess, though, way too busy and unreadable. I also notice WBRC has changed the weather icons from when they first switched, which look a little weird not matching the rest of the package anymore.

Archived