New Raycom weather graphics

nhmediaguy

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the orange and red themes I've seen... the blue themes blend in too easily with most of their other graphics/backgrounds...

I like the orange and red themes I've seen... the blue themes blend in too easily with most of their other graphics/backgrounds...

I believe most of the group that have switched are using the blue/navy blue theme. WAVE, WLBT, WDAM, and WLOX are all using orange. My apologies if I missed any that are using colors other than blue/navy blue.

Speaking of red, are any of the stations using red for their theme? I've only noticed it being used for breaking news.

I believe most of the group that have switched are using the blue/navy blue theme. WAVE, WLBT, WDAM, and WLOX are all using orange. My apologies if I missed any that are using colors other than blue/navy blue.

Speaking of red, are any of the stations using red for their theme? I've only noticed it being used for breaking news.

Hawaii News Now only uses yellow for mornings

Even though WDAM has not switched completely to the new graphics, their marketing department did a few newscast opens on YouTube (not including a V/O or music) featuring their new logo.

<snip>

Very nice update...their current logo has not aged well. Shame they seem to be ditching their longtime News 7 branding though.

I like Raycom's idea of a 7-day forecast on the left side of the HDTV screen. I've seen WAVE 3 and WAFB 9 do it. But also, NBC's KNBC 4 has done it as well.

I thought that was interesting too. In WMC's case, the 7-day is on the right side.

EDIT: Although they just switched to the new graphics today and some bugs still need to be fixed, it looks like WMC is starting to emphasize its Mission Statement, "First to Care, First to Serve", more in its overall branding based on one of their promos for the 6:00 news this evening.

I was hoping WMC would get a new set in addition to the graphics. They've had their current set for several years.

WMC tends to cycle through news sets about once a decade. Their current one was installed in 2006, and the previous one before that was built in 1995. Since they seem to be fine with what they have at the moment (despite the old logos still being used on set), a new set probably won't happen for a while.

WIS has switched to the new graphics, with a new slogan - "Live. Local. Now". It's the first time in several years they've taken on the corporate Raycom look rather than a custom look.

No changes to the theme (Inergy) or set (in place since 2007, with some refreshes since then including when they went HD five years ago).

WIS has switched to the new graphics, with a new slogan - "Live. Local. Now". It's the first time in several years they've taken on the corporate Raycom look rather than a custom look.

No changes to the theme (Inergy) or set (in place since 2007, with some refreshes since then including when they went HD five years ago).

When WTOC switched to the new graphics, they also started using LIVE. Local. NOW. which replaced the station's most-famous slogan, The Southeast News Leader.

I wonder when WCSC (Live 5 News) in Charleston will get the new graphics (hopefully, they won't drop the slogan!). And just recently, Mark Peeples replaced Dude Walker as the new voiceover for WCSC.

I wonder when WCSC (Live 5 News) in Charleston will get the new graphics (hopefully, they won't drop the slogan!). And just recently, Mark Peeples replaced Dude Walker as the new voiceover for WCSC.

Hopefully they'll get a new logo. Their current one is ugly

When WTOC switched to the new graphics, they also started using LIVE. Local. NOW. which replaced the station's most-famous slogan, The Southeast News Leader.

WTOC still titles their newscasts as "THE News," so the "LIVE. Local. NOW." slogan actually fits nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is there so much space between the L3s and the ticker? Why is there even a ticker at all for the late news, especially in a market such as Hattiesburg? Boy, I thought it was bad that WOIO brought back a ticker for EVERY newscast (a tradition that should've died with the Action News era).

Why is there so much space between the L3s and the ticker? Why is there even a ticker at all for the late news, especially in a market such as Hattiesburg? Boy, I thought it was bad that WOIO brought back a ticker for EVERY newscast (a tradition that should've died with the Action News era).

They have a TON of work to do with the graphics. It is so bad that the on-air talent seem frustrated. Also, most of the Raycom stations along the Gulf Coast use the ticker for pretty much every newscast. I have noticed that some stations are putting river stages, stock market reports, and additional news that may not get covered in the newscast into the ticker (not to forget the opportunity for another monetary sponsor).

They have a TON of work to do with the graphics. It is so bad that the on-air talent seem frustrated. Also, most of the Raycom stations along the Gulf Coast use the ticker for pretty much every newscast. I have noticed that some stations are putting river stages, stock market reports, and additional news that may not get covered in the newscast into the ticker (not to forget the opportunity for another monetary sponsor).

Not to mention the horrid idea of making the text white on such a brightly colored background too.. I can hardly make out the news ticker information

WLBT, for example, had the same problem. They make the text bold and increased the font size. I'm hoping WDAM and others who are using the orange and yellow themes will follow suit. It may even be a good thing for the blue users to do the same.

image.thumb.png.448cd36cc4c24c3c22aebfec47911ee4.png

Really. I thought WFLX was the only one that still hadn't updated their graphics. I'm guessing they're not going to because, WFLX is a sister station to WPTV, owned by Scripps.

Archived