New Raycom weather graphics

nhmediaguy

To recap on some of the WBRC comments: I love the new WBRC logo and branding! A little throwback feel with their vintage sign, just wish it was the exact same font though. I like the package overall. A few things bother me though. They have made some tweaks with the ticker. Sometimes I think they now add a second ticker from another package which looks odd. Their volunteer weather watchers graphics are a mess, though, way too busy and unreadable. I also notice WBRC has changed the weather icons from when they first switched, which look a little weird not matching the rest of the package anymore.

One thing I think we can all agree on is that not one station is using the new graphics package the same as another sister station. I have actually come to like WBRC's new logo and I think the viewers have as well. The one thing that really bugs me is how their First Alert Weather logo is stretched to completely fill the logo box on the weather graphics. As far as the weather icons go, a lot of the stations within the group use a variety of icons. KOLD uses the weather icons from the 2010-2015 graphic in the extended outlook. WLBT uses different weather icons in numerous weather graphics.

Another thing that no station is doing the same is the time/temp bug and ticker bars. I have seen these layouts featured in a ton of different ways. We have all noticed that some stations have a large gap between the bug and ticker. Why is it like that? Who knows... The best way to use the tickers is to make the font and the text box BIGGER!!!!!!!!! I haven't seen so many small words since the last time I signed paperwork buying a new car.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
KFDA in Amarillo is the first former Drewry station to debut the graphics... Although, it is some interesting hybrid of their former graphics package and the Raycom standard. It's not too bad.

http://www.newschannel10.com/category/301028/live-streaming-video

It's actually a good combination. I do like the red instead of gray background.

KFDA in Amarillo is the first former Drewry station to debut the graphics... Although, it is some interesting hybrid of their former graphics package and the Raycom standard. It's not too bad.

I noticed some of the other stations have also switched to a new music package, so graphics are probably soon to debut for the others.

With KAUZ and KSWO still being shacked up together, I wonder if Raycom will debut a separate package or at least invert the colors for one station, with the other station getting the regular Raycom pack.

They'll probably use the same package, but have a different color on each station.

• 3 weeks later...
A very credible source has reported that KXXV debuted the new graphics today for weather only at this time. KSWO, KAUZ and KWES may not debut new graphics until the first couple months of 2017.

Indeed they have.. Just watched the weather forecast video on their website..

A very credible source has reported that KXXV debuted the new graphics today for weather only at this time. KSWO, KAUZ and KWES may not debut new graphics until the first couple months of 2017.

they didn't just launch the Raycom graphics for weather, they are using the full package

http://www.kxxv.com/category/281200/kxxv-live-stream

KXXV

That announcer is hideous. And so is the logo. And the slogan. And the set. And coming straight out of the network news they lead with a national CNN package that repeats something viewers just saw? And they wonder why they're struggling in the ratings. It's gonna take a lot more than hiring a new GM and ND to right this ship, Raycom.

That announcer is hideous. And so is the logo. And the slogan. And the set. And coming straight out of the network news they lead with a national CNN package that repeats something viewers just saw? And they wonder why they're struggling in the ratings. It's gonna take a lot more than hiring a new GM and ND to right this ship, Raycom.

It sounds like sets for these Drewry stations are not apart of the "three year plan." Hopefully that will change.

The set truly is awful, the bright tan wood makes it look like it was made in the 90s

Is there a particular requirement that the ABC logo appear by the station logo all the time? I know that the Cox stations get away with removing the ABC logo for newscasts. The KXXV logo would be more palatable if the ABC circle wasn't standing by itself right next to it.

I know it's almost a month old but here's the KFDA open (courtesy of our own Pine Belt media)

Archived