Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
ns8401

Random WBBM Thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Jay Russell said:

I don’t know if someone has brought this up in recent days, but WBBM’s old streetside studio has been stripped but I don’t understand why they have there video board turned of if they don’t even have a tenant.

 

That video screen has been inoperable more than it has been operational (over the years) that there's no point in having it on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed that CBS 2 rolled out the weeknight crew for all of the evening newscasts tonight. Not sure if it was mainly motivated by the winter storm or by the NFL game...I'm thinking mainly because of the NFL game. I think everyone else in the market stayed with their usual weekend teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So on Wednesday I was watching 10 Minutes of Non-stop News on CBS 2, come to see after that Audrina Bigos was joining the rest of the team at the desk which is super rare

Screenshot_20200304-065924.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, R.R. said:

So on Wednesday I was watching 10 Minutes of Non-stop News on CBS 2, come to see after that Audrina Bigos was joining the rest of the team at the desk which is super rare

 

So, in the end, she is an actual part of the morning team, as a contributing anchor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 24994J said:

 

So, in the end, she is an actual part of the morning team, as a contributing anchor.

Yeah originally as Breaking News Anchor (Which was a promotion I guess she reconsidered). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I am typing this right now, CBS2 launched CBSN Chicago. Watching it right now on CBS2Chicago.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WBBM was dark earlier today because of the flooding at the Willis Tower

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite the cutbacks, WBBM stayed live until shortly after 11:30pm with rioting and looting coverage. Only WLS stayed on later (still going as of right now). Kudos to WBBM on that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Insiders.. what is life like inside WBBM right now? How are they getting news on the air with all the cuts? Any plans to replace anyone? They were making progress.. then bam 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2020 at 1:31 AM, newsman123 said:

Insiders.. what is life like inside WBBM right now? How are they getting news on the air with all the cuts? Any plans to replace anyone? They were making progress.. then bam 

 

I don't have any insider information, but I can't imagine that things are good over there. Just spent a week at home in Chicago and channel surfed. It's amazing how lackluster the product they're putting out is compared to the other stations. It's just not nearly as polished as the other stations. Extremely disappointing in market #3. 

 

One of the glaring things I found in watching is that Brad Edwards is unlikeable. I don't know who in their right mind though replacing Johnson with him was a good idea. I half expect him to try and sell me a used car at an inflated price. He's not a good anchor, point blank. He doesn't seem invested in what he's doing and comes off at not genuine AT ALL.

 

I don't know exactly what can right the ship over there, or if anything can. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to Irika Sargent, who is pregnant! But this means her maternity leave will be imminent in the coming weeks/months. Given their cuts to their lineup, I'm assuming Brad would either solo the whole time (probably won't be a good move, in reference to comment above) or maybe have Suzanne (or other) fill-in for Irika? But adding that to her weekend morning shift might be a bit too weird on her schedule unless someone else takes it. When Audrina and Ryan were gone a couple of weeks ago, they had Yasmeen and Chris Tye fill-in during the mornings, and Mugo filled in for Audrina once before as well, but I don't think Yasmeen or Mugo would be moved from weekday mornings for the short time. Given how swift CBS 2 can upend any of their "teams" for what seems like any reason, though, I wouldn't be surprised to see some jarring shift. 

 

In other news, CBS 2 is also hiring a per-diem/freelance meteorologist after laying off Megan Glaros two months ago. Maybe they'll reduce their usage of Tim McGill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

In other news, CBS 2 is also hiring a per-diem/freelance meteorologist after laying off Megan Glaros two months ago. Maybe they'll reduce their usage of Tim McGill?

 

Unless Mary Kay is following her husband to Florida.

 

16 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Congrats to Irika Sargent, who is pregnant! But this means her maternity leave will be imminent in the coming weeks/months. Given their cuts to their lineup, I'm assuming Brad would either solo the whole time (probably won't be a good move, in reference to comment above) or maybe have Suzanne (or other) fill-in for Irika? But adding that to her weekend morning shift might be a bit too weird on her schedule unless someone else takes it. When Audrina and Ryan were gone a couple of weeks ago, they had Yasmeen and Chris Tye fill-in during the mornings, and Mugo filled in for Audrina once before as well, but I don't think Yasmeen or Mugo would be moved from weekday mornings for the short time. Given how swift CBS 2 can upend any of their "teams" for what seems like any reason, though, I wouldn't be surprised to see some jarring shift. 

 

Jim Williams and Brad were paired together for a few nights earlier this spring. It's wasn't the worst dynamic, and nobody burst into flames, despite 2 men co-anchoring.

Edited by 24994J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 24994J said:

Jim Williams and Brad were paired together for a few nights earlier this spring. It's wasn't the worst dynamic, and nobody burst into flames, despite 2 men co-anchoring.

I also liked the combination and it'll probably be done, though I feel they'll want to keep him holding down the weekends. I'm feeling Irika's sub could be more like musical chairs since they really don't have that many anchors at their disposal.

 

2 hours ago, 24994J said:

Unless Mary Kay is following her husband to Florida.

I was reading about this on the other thread and thought about how imminent this could be soon as well, and yeah, the hire could be made in anticipation of this happening. Long distance of anything is never easy. Would be sad if Mary Kay left though as that's another "familiar face" leaving CBS 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

In other news, CBS 2 is also hiring a per-diem/freelance meteorologist after laying off Megan Glaros two months ago. Maybe they'll reduce their usage of Tim McGill?


Why not just give the job to Tim given he’s already per-diem? There’s definitely something going on in the weather dept. 

 

They have plenty of people to sub for Irika, so that shouldn’t be an issue. It’s just the matter of deciding between doing musical chairs for 3 months or moving Suzanne, Audrina or even Dana to weeknights for the duration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.