Random WBBM Thread

ns8401

17 hours ago, TVNewsLover said:

I assume it’s Judge Judy’s replacement.

Yes. Not sure why they couldn’t just pair Jim and Marie together for the new 4P newscast and have Mugo do Saturday nights and Charlie on Sunday night.

1 hour ago, jase said:

Yes. Not sure why they couldn’t just pair Jim and Marie together for the new 4P newscast and have Mugo do Saturday nights and Charlie on Sunday night.

Soooooo many of the newer reporters have gotten anchor fill-ins, that a weekend opening could go to anybody. IF they don't play cheap, Marie would seen like a shoo-in, and I'd love to see Jim get his due...again.

On 8/8/2021 at 10:29 PM, 24994J said:

Soooooo many of the newer reporters have gotten anchor fill-ins, that a weekend opening could go to anybody. IF they don't play cheap, Marie would seen like a shoo-in, and I'd love to see Jim get his due...again.

Out of the bunch...Charlie and Mugo are clear standouts. Weekday afternoons/nights are in dire need of a shakeup and moving Jim and Marie to front the 4P (and maybe the 6P), would be a huge step in the right direction for WBBM. But alas, big changes like that may be left up to the new GM to make.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jase said:

Weekday afternoons/nights are in dire need of a shakeup and moving Jim and Marie to front the 4P (and maybe the 6P), would be a huge step in the right direction for WBBM. 

I'm sorry, but the "if a tree falls in the woods" argument came to mind instantly... If there's one thing WBBM has proved it's that who's behind the desk doesn't make a difference at channel 2... The failed reprieve of Bill Kurtis and Walter Jacobson proved that.

• 2 weeks later...

That's exciting. Jennifer has done great things at WGN and tried with NewsNation. Could we see an upwards climb of CBS 2 under her leadership? Time will tell, but I'm excited to see where it will go. WBBM has been really lagging behind all of the stations in Chicago for so many years. 

On 8/10/2021 at 11:49 PM, newsman123 said:

So is the Brad Edwards anchor experiment not working? 

I like Brad.. but his delivery is so dour and depressing. I like different. But in this case.. I think they need a strong handsome male lead.. who can just.. anchor. 

He’s a great reporter/storyteller, but he should NEVER anchor again. If I was Lyons, I would move him off the anchor desk ASAP and put Jim in his place. While such a move could hurt morale, people should be in positions which showcase their strengths. Sargent has a law degree. I’m surprised they never utilized that in some way. 

6 hours ago, NBC 5 Chicago said:

That's exciting. Jennifer has done great things at WGN and tried with NewsNation. Could we see an upwards climb of CBS 2 under her leadership? Time will tell, but I'm excited to see where it will go. WBBM has been really lagging behind all of the stations in Chicago for so many years. 

Yeah… I’m cautiously optimistic things will turn around at WBBM. Given what happened to her at NewsNation, I hope she is given the freedom (and resources) to do whatever it takes to improve things without any interfering from corporate. We shall see…

Edited by jase

Wild prediction based on no background knowledge of anyone's intentions...

After his exit from NewsNation last week, Rob Nelson joins the station as a weekday anchor by the end of the year.

Jen hired him for primetime, and he uprooted his life to come here only a year ago. I can't think of any other high-profile on-air exits, but why not keep them in the mix, too?

The last time a WGN boss went to CBS2, ND Carol Fowler brought along Roseanne Tellez, Randy Salerno, Joanie Lum, and others. Doubt anyone at WGN-TV would make that mistake, again, if they're comfortable at Bradley Place.

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 24994J said:

Wild prediction based on no background knowledge of anyone's intentions...

After his exit from NewsNation last week, Rob Nelson joins the station as a weekday anchor by the end of the year.

Jen hired him for primetime, and he uprooted his life to come here only a year ago. I can't think of any other high-profile on-air exits, but why not keep them in the mix, too?

The last time a WGN boss went to CBS2, ND Carol Fowler brought along Roseanne Tellez, Randy Salerno, Joanie Lum, and others. Doubt anyone at WGN-TV would make that mistake, again, if they're comfortable at Bradley Place.

And lets not forget the surviving one Dana Kozlov!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Newsboy22234 said:

Slap in the face to Robb Ellis and yes Brads days are probably limited . Will likely be replaced by Rob Nelson considering NewsNation was a flop and he came from WABC.

Rob Nelson already accepted a job at Newsy in ATL late last month..

1 hour ago, Newsboy22234 said:

Slap in the face to Robb Ellis

Robb was already slighted when he got passed over for the morning slot. Mary Kay had been serving weeknights for almost 4 years. Hell, she even made it into promos with the other 3 late anchors, when Ryan Baker was still on sports.

28 minutes ago, 24994J said:

Robb was already slighted when he got passed over for the morning slot. Mary Kay had been serving weeknights for almost 4 years. Hell, she even made it into promos with the other 3 late anchors, when Ryan Baker was still on sports.

Or Robb probably passed on that offer when he was filling in during those 10 months. On air personalities have personal lives they wanna tend to ya know..

• Confused 1

On 10/15/2021 at 3:21 PM, 24994J said:

Ehh I know in terms of promotion that’s generally how it works but sometimes folks do pass on that am slot . You have no life and you wake up at 1:30 am and go to bed at 7:30 . I would be good too.

• Confused 1

On 10/15/2021 at 3:21 PM, 24994J said:

I imagine it’ll end up being a split evening shift between Ramon and Kleist once the 4pm newscast launches.