Random WBBM Thread

ns8401

One of the people Audrina Bigos interviewed in the newsroom last night stumbled his words mid-conversation and muttered, live "Sorry, I f***ed up!"

She recovered quickly to try and cover it up but it made for a funny blooper.

And honestly that is what has always made live tv so much fun.

with apologizes to AJClemente....lol

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 wins one bright spot this time around... they tied WGN in the 11am hour in the A25-54 demo.

This actually pisses me off considering this is the first test since replacing Harry Porterfield & Roseanne Tellez. I mean it was definitely (more than) time for Harry to go (sorry), but I'm still furious Roseanne no longer has an anchor spot. But the reality is, Channel 2 has always done well at 11, ever since Mary Ann Childers & Jay Levine fronted it starting in 1998. Maybe even since the Joan Lovett days, when they first began having news at 11, moving the noon news an hour earlier in 1997 when Hank Price was running things. Channel 2 was the first station in town to ever have news at 11. Now it's a crowded field. But I'm pretty sure their strength there has everything to do with their lead-in (The Price is Right) and NOTHNG to do with the detestable Lionel Moise & Erin Kennedy. Oh my God, those two. Oh. My. God.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I don't have the link in front of me, but Feder reported that reporter and one-time anchor Mike Parker is retiring next Tuesday after more than 3 decades at WBBM. A stellar reporter who likely won't get the send-off he deserves.

Man, to think of the shit storm of leadership he's endured at both McClurg Court and Block 37, as well as the vast number of anchors he's seen turned into sausage in the old meatpacking district.

• 1 month later...
Another observation WBBM IS VERY RELUCTANT to break in during primetime programming. They did break in that one time but CBS made them re air the entire primetime lineup after that maybe thats why their so reluctant.
Wouldn't the only time they'd ever break in be for breaking news? And what'd they break in for that CBS themselves made them re air the entire primetime lineup?

There was a storm whenever the season premier of Big Brother was and there was severe weather a tornado watch every station WLS WMAQ WGN AND WFLD... WFLD was on way before them even though WFLD has showing improvement they are usually the last one to break in they beat WBBM TO THE PUNCH. And after WBBM was on and they went off at the usual time at 10:34. WFLD lasted til almost 11 WGN 11 WLS 12:05 and WMAQ 12:10 am. Point being :WBBM does not like breaking in during primrtime

• Like 1

There was a storm whenever the season premier of Big Brother was and there was severe weather a tornado watch every station WLS WMAQ WGN AND WFLD... WFLD was on way before them even though WFLD has showing improvement they are usually the last one to break in they beat WBBM TO THE PUNCH. And after WBBM was on and they went off at the usual time at 10:34. WFLD lasted til almost 11 WGN 11 WLS 12:05 and WMAQ 12:10 am. Point being :WBBM does not like breaking in during primrtime
Now I know a major reason, or at least I have an idea as to why WBBM sucks. CBS wont let them break in even if it means alerting people of a tornado coming their way.

Now I know a major reason, or at least I have an idea as to why WBBM sucks. CBS wont let them break in even if it means alerting people of a tornado coming their way.

Thats got nothing to do with WBBM's problems. Try again.

• Like 1

There was a storm whenever the season premier of Big Brother was .....Point being :WBBM does not like breaking in during primrtime

Well who wants to get his ass chewed for blowing out one of the highest rated shows the CBS has...in favor of local WX?

It's not a conversation the GM of WBBM wants to have with Black Rock's SRVP of Programming. No matter how hard you try to sell that to NY the more you are getting reamed.

Yes...

Local was given the discretion to break in, but it's still a call that nobody will enjoy.

Money, Honey!

My question isnt that hard to understand. Which station WBBM or WFLD is more reluctant ( meaning doesnt want to do something) to break in during programming for severe weather coverage.

I'd generally say WBBM. WFLD has been so mismanaged and starved for talent in recent years that they just haven't been able to put together a solid on-air presence, when 3 other stations in town go all out with 2-4 meteorologists (not counting anchors and reporters). WBBM doesn't have as much of an excuse. I can't even put into words all the reasons, why.

• Like 4

Are they ever going to get a new set? Or use the one they have to its fullest potential? Ugh I stopped watching that station altogether.

There seems to be zero desire to either make serious improvements to/replace the set. I guess it would have to fall apart in one fell swoop before they would ever consider replacing it. It's a shame really. The newsroom is arguably the best (design-wise) in town.

• Like 3

There seems to be zero desire to either make serious improvements to/replace the set. I guess it would have to fall apart in one fell swoop before they would ever consider replacing it. It's a shame really. The newsroom is arguably the best (design-wise) in town.
CBS in general makes the best sets out of any O&O group in its markets (except WJZ, but that doesnt count)

WBBMs 10pm news gets worst evert time i watch. If they keep messing around WFLDs going to do a 10pm newscast with the same concept they have at 5, and as for WBBMs newsroom its looks really good during the day and just okay at night