Random WBBM Thread

ns8401

It's unofficially official. Irika Sargent of WFOR will join Rob Johnson as 5, 6, and 10pm co-anchor beginning October 19th.

http://www.robertfeder.com/2015/09/15/cbs-2-bets-on-anchor-irika-sargent/

For anyone wondering, Feder included the roller coaster of anchor line-ups this century. In the 15 years prior to this list, there were only 3 anchor teams and 4 different anchors...

CBS 2’s ever-changing 10 p.m. anchor lineup:

• Carol Marin (2000)
  • David Kerley and Linda MacLennan (2000 to 2001)
  • David Kerley and Tracy Townsend (2001 to 2002)
  • Antonio Mora and Tracy Townsend (2002)
  • Antonio Mora and Linda MacLennan (2002 to 2003)
  • Antonio Mora and Tracy Townsend (2003)
  • Antonio Mora and Diann Burns (2003 to 2007)
  • Rob Johnson and Diann Burns (2007 to 2008)
  • Rob Johnson and Anne State (2008 to 2009)
  • Rob Johnson (2009 to 2010)
  • Rob Johnson and Kate Sullivan (2010 to 2015)
  • Rob Johnson and Irika Sargent (2015)

I can't say but she was a good morning anchor at WCBS and I bet she would be a good weekend morning anchor and they can get rid of Andrea. I'm sorry but I'm not a big fan of Andrea's anchoring, she can go back to her reporter roll.

Perhaps she makes a better morning anchor then she did a evening anchor; also to note Kate's bio is gone from WBBM.

Maybe she'll go to WFOR? They could also use a second evening team at KYW.

Kate Sullivan could come to WFOR 4, but it wouldn't care on my end because again, I don't watch WFOR 4 and neither does the rest of South Florida.

I thought of 3 replacements for Irika Sargant. We'll forget her name, very quickly:

1) Cynthia Demos. She was the weeknight anchor until demoted for Irika. I think she's the highest possible replacement for Irika, since she's been at WFOR 4 since around 2007, I think.

2) Rudabeh Shahbazi. She's a hottie, IMO, but I don't think they will give her the evening shift after just working in the morning shift for 1-2 months. There's just no way. I think she is the least of candidates to take over.

3) Lauren Pastrana. She did evening reporting, before being asked to fill-in to anchor the morning news after Rhiannon Ally (now at KSHB) left and remained filling-in until Rudabeh showed up from KABC.

Another name just threw in my brain... Michele Gillen. She did anchor at WTVJ for a number of years, but with her very good work at investigations for WFOR 4, I don't think she would give up that just for another shot at anchoring again.

It's a very confusing, trouble mess at WFOR 4. The exodus of talent at the station, continues.

This is a pretty odd move. Sure, their ratings are abysmal, the Johnson/Sullivan duo is extremely weak, and *almost* any change would be good change for their 10pm. But why bring in someone from Miami that no Chicagoan will recognize and make her the anchor of the flagship newscast? Do they actually think this is going to move the dial? The timing is also interesting... getting nervous about WGN? I wonder if there are more changes in the works. Hope so.

Why not Roseanne Tellez on the evening broadcasts?

Easy....She's too old. They are thinking about/planning for the future. Tellez is 52 with 25 years of experience in this market which holds very little value these days sadly. Johnson should have been tossed out as well, but I guess that would be too much for WBBM to handle/overcome.

So this was posted on Kate Sullivan's Facebook page earlier...

I am so grateful. Thank you to everyone for your kind words, love, and support in the past 24 hours. I was suddenly let go from CBS 2 yesterday and now no longer work there. As I said to my boss when he told me the news, I have nothing but supreme gratitude for five beautiful, difficult, fascinating, and challenging years in Chicago. God works…in mysterious ways. Always. Be. Kind.

‪#‎Onward‬ ‪#‎Trueworth‬‪#‎Faith‬

So this was posted on Kate Sullivan's Facebook page earlier...

I am so grateful. Thank you to everyone for your kind words, love, and support in the past 24 hours. I was suddenly let go from CBS 2 yesterday and now no longer work there. As I said to my boss when he told me the news, I have nothing but supreme gratitude for five beautiful, difficult, fascinating, and challenging years in Chicago. God works…in mysterious ways. Always. Be. Kind.

‪#‎Onward‬ ‪#‎Trueworth‬‪#‎Faith‬

#ClassAct

Hoping she lands somewhere better.

Kate Sullivan could come to WFOR 4, but it wouldn't care on my end because again, I don't watch WFOR 4 and neither does the rest of South Florida.

I thought of 3 replacements for Irika Sargant. We'll forget her name, very quickly:

1) Cynthia Demos. She was the weeknight anchor until demoted for Irika. I think she's the highest possible replacement for Irika, since she's been at WFOR 4 since around 2007, I think.

2) Rudabeh Shahbazi. She's a hottie, IMO, but I don't think they will give her the evening shift after just working in the morning shift for 1-2 months. There's just no way. I think she is the least of candidates to take over.

3) Lauren Pastrana. She did evening reporting, before being asked to fill-in to anchor the morning news after Rhiannon Ally (now at KSHB) left and remained filling-in until Rudabeh showed up from KABC.

Another name just threw in my brain... Michele Gillen. She did anchor at WTVJ for a number of years, but with her very good work at investigations for WFOR 4, I don't think she would give up that just for another shot at anchoring again.

It's a very confusing, trouble mess at WFOR 4. The exodus of talent at the station, continues.

In the end, I was semi-right, but apparently Cynthia Demos was not promoted.

WFOR 4 promoted Rudabeh Shahbazi to anchor the 5:00, 5:30 and 11:00 p.m. news while Lauren Pastrana takes over the 5:00-7:00 a.m. morning show: http://miami.cbslocal.com/2015/09/23/cbs4-names-rudabeh-shahbazi-late-news-anchor-and-lauren-pastrana-morning-news-anchor/

WBBM is going to have a vacancy in their daytime lineup at 2pm starting next summer. Queen Latifah is not being renewed. Not really sure what they'll put there or anything yet.

Just leave it blank...

Call it "WBBM Time Out". Provide it as a public service to parents of naughty little boys and girls as punishment. Since you can't hit the kids anymore...

"Go watch time out you little brats!". Single moms will say...

Maybe it will make a dent in the Chicago gang problem.

Just leave it blank...

Call it "WBBM Time Out". Provide it as a public service to parents of naughty little boys and girls as punishment. Since you can't hit the kids anymore...

"Go watch time out you little brats!". Single moms will say...

Maybe it will make a dent in the Chicago gang problem.

Or just put some... HOT Bench at 2:00 p.m.

• Like 1

In the end, I was semi-right, but apparently Cynthia Demos was not promoted.

WFOR 4 promoted Rudabeh Shahbazi to anchor the 5:00, 5:30 and 11:00 p.m. news while Lauren Pastrana takes over the 5:00-7:00 a.m. morning show: http://miami.cbslocal.com/2015/09/23/cbs4-names-rudabeh-shahbazi-late-news-anchor-and-lauren-pastrana-morning-news-anchor/

Cynthia was basically a stop gap measure between the.departure of Shannon Hori and the arrival of Irika Sargent. Demos anchored mornings then moved to 5:30 and 10:00pm after Erika Von Tiehl left for KYW. When the 6:00pm show became a solo anchor show and the 5:00pm anchors did the whole hour and the 10:00pm show was cancelled then demos was moved to weekends.

• 1 month later...

CBS 2 just picked up Sandra Torres as a reporter from Wiegel Broadcasting owned CBS affiliate WDJT in Milwaukee where she was lead reporter. She also was a producer and co-anchor for the Weigel owned Telemundo affiliate in Milwaukee WYTU.

She has previous experience in Chicago first at WSNS Telemundo Chicago where she was a reporter from 2007-2010 and then as a producer and writer for NBC 5 from 2010-2012 before she moved to Milwaukee.

http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/7795-cbs-2-hires-sandra-torres-as-reporter

• Like 1