New WKBN Graphics/Set on the way?

tyrannical bastard

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the live stream of their noon show....the set is very well executed, it's not too cartoonish or too "fake" like another company's efforts....cough...cough...morris....cough......

While the weather segment looked to have some minor keying issues, it was pretty impressive to have the false panel on the left and have the meteorologist walk into a full-screen chroma key while maintaining a fluid transition panning between the two.

My only complaint is with the font choices. The logo itself (with the exception of the "27") and pre-produced elements use a Gotham-like font, while the on-air supers (and most CG-created elements) use Arial family fonts. This was the same problem when WKBN upgraded their supers to HD since the new ones didn't have the same fonts as the image itself. Assuming the CG is Windows-based, it seems puzzling that the proper fonts can't be used.

The future of Media General's on-air presentation seems very promising, even though this endeavor was in progress towards the end of the LIN days. But it appears Kathy Mousher-Boule is still on board and will be leading the on air presentation efforts of all of their stations going forward. Their next project will tell volumes about the direction the new Media General will be heading...

Here's an article from TVNewsInsider about WKBN's new look

Watching the live stream of their noon show....the set is very well executed, it's not too cartoonish or too "fake" like another company's efforts....cough...cough...morris....cough......

While the weather segment looked to have some minor keying issues, it was pretty impressive to have the false panel on the left and have the meteorologist walk into a full-screen chroma key while maintaining a fluid transition panning between the two.

My only complaint is with the font choices. The logo itself (with the exception of the "27") and pre-produced elements use a Gotham-like font, while the on-air supers (and most CG-created elements) use Arial family fonts. This was the same problem when WKBN upgraded their supers to HD since the new ones didn't have the same fonts as the image itself. Assuming the CG is Windows-based, it seems puzzling that the proper fonts can't be used.

The future of Media General's on-air presentation seems very promising, even though this endeavor was in progress towards the end of the LIN days. But it appears Kathy Mousher-Boule is still on board and will be leading the on air presentation efforts of all of their stations going forward. Their next project will tell volumes about the direction the new Media General will be heading...

Here's an article from TVNewsInsider about WKBN's new look

The logo is Gotham, yes, and the Arial is a problem (I noticed it immediately).

The "27" is definitely a reminder that this is a post-jcbD look, as it reminds me a lot of his stuff. It's a lot like (but I don't think it's exactly) Bureau Grot.

Archived