Random WGN thread

ChiCubsFan

Larry also anchored the 4am show last week, and I think Ana's anchored more in the last month (4, 6 and midday), than in the whole decade before.

Ana seems to be the clear #2 female for the morning news now that Erin is an evening reporter. Larry anchoring the 4am is surprising, though. I would have expected a solo show and/or literally any available general assignment reporter filling in before I would have expected Larry on the 4am show.

P.S. Do we have a permanent 4-6am female anchor yet? Could the plan be to groom Ana for the slot? Not sure if she could still do Around Town PLUS anchoring. Maybe they'd give Around Town to someone else if Ana became an anchor.

• Like 1

Ana seems to be the clear #2 female for the morning news now that Erin is an evening reporter. Larry anchoring the 4am is surprising, though. I would have expected a solo show and/or literally any available general assignment reporter filling in before I would have expected Larry on the 4am show.

P.S. Do we have a permanent 4-6am female anchor yet? Could the plan be to groom Ana for the slot? Not sure if she could still do Around Town PLUS anchoring. Maybe they'd give Around Town to someone else if Ana became an anchor.

Robin was stunned walking into the studio to find out Larry had already been there, as seen in a Facebook live stream that I'm not in a position to post. And no, no permanent anchor in the early shift. If they use viewer input as an indication, Ana won't get the slot. Most comments are along the lines of "I love her doing Around Town, but not a fan of her anchoring".

Ana seems to be the clear #2 female for the morning news now that Erin is an evening reporter.

I hope not. She seems like a nice person, but her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

Around Town would likely go to Maggie Carlo if that happens since she does a segment similar to Around Town on the weekend morning news.

Robin was stunned walking into the studio to find out Larry had already been there, as seen in a Facebook live stream that I'm not in a position to post. And no, no permanent anchor in the early shift. If they use viewer input as an indication, Ana won't get the slot. Most comments are along the lines of "I love her doing Around Town, but not a fan of her anchoring".

I dunno... if they took the viewer feedback regarding Ana that seriously, they would have taken her off by now and had Cortney Hall or someone else anchor. I betcha if Facebook was around back when Robin started anchoring, they would have said the same thing.

• Like 2

4:00 AM and Ana Belaval do not go together. That's like Tom and Jerry; they hate each other. :confused::eek:

Ever since Tom got out of rehab ,,,both Tom and Jerry have been working hard on their relationship. Both understand there is no room for violence anymore. We all just hope they don't pull an "itchy and scratchy" and end up drunks on some stupid kids show.

• Like 2

4:00 AM and Ana Belaval do not go together. That's like Tom and Jerry; they hate each other. :confused::eek:

Ever since Tom got out of rehab ,,,both Tom and Jerry have been working hard on their relationship. Both understand there is no room for violence anymore. We all just hope they don't pull an "itchy and scratchy" and end up drunks on some stupid kids show.

The Tom and Jerry analogy is funnier if you replace the cat and mouse with Skilling and Taft.

• Like 5

Welp, that might explain why Lauren abruptly left NBC5.

Lauren got a raw deal from WMAQ. She was seen as one of their 'future stars,' but when it became clear that she wasn't going to get a weekday spot anytime soon (if ever), she moved on. It seems like no one wants to work weekends at WMAQ nor do they want to 'wait their turn.' Patience is not a virtue for them.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Tom Negovan and Lourdes Duarte are in for Mark and Micah tonight. Is Tom the primary fill-in for Mark now, or is it usually Ben? Or is it a mix of both?

Not sure, but Lourdes also anchored with Steve at midday, so I'd be surprised if she'd do the whole evening slate.