Random WGN thread

ChiCubsFan

Enjoy "your live Illinois Lottery drawing" while you can! On October 1st, the drawings will move online, where a random number generator will make the selections. Not surprising, but kinda sad to see this go... I feel like it really adds to the charm of the News at Nine. And we'll all miss Linda Kollmeyer, of course. :(

IIRC, the drawings are done in the former home of Bozo (Studio 1?), much of which is still intact behind the green lottery backdrops. It's a big space, and I wonder what they'll do with it.

• Like 1

I remember watching Linda, thanks to Superstation WGN carrying the Illinois Lottery Drawings. Its a small part that made WGN News at 9:00 special for those watching outside of Chicago.

Here's hoping Linda finds some other sort of on-camera work in the future. I'm gonna miss her dearly.

Well I hope so too. She was the only person there who had a lot of personality and she was fun to watch because she would always smile. She will be missed.

• Like 1

WGN has confirmed (through lots of promos during the Cubs game) that Linda will do the final lottery drawing tonight, and it sounds like she's going sit down for an interview, as well.

A very fitting move for WGN. Glad that they are letting Linda do it for one last time. Again, I liked Linda more than the other personalities that they had. (Used to watch through Superstation WGN, then WGN America.)

• Like 1

A very fitting move for WGN. Glad that they are letting Linda do it for one last time. Again, I liked Linda more than the other personalities that they had. (Used to watch through Superstation WGN, then WGN America.)

Yeah that is very classy... Kind of a sad night at the old number 9...

• Like 1

You should've seen her outfit tonight... She ended with a nice little farewell, that went overtime and got messed up in true WGN fashion. :D I'm sure they'll post the video of it.

Anyway, I'll certainly miss her and her words of wisdom. Here's hoping we'll see her again on television for something.

They just announced at the end of the midday newscast that today was Tom's last day on that newscast, and he'll only be doing the Evening, Nine, and Ten newscasts going forward. Demetrius is taking over the Midday news. Any idea what this means for the 4-6 AM news? I haven't heard.