Random WGN thread

ChiCubsFan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Streaming the WGN Morning News for a change today and surprised to hear the N-word going out over air several times during a Dean Reynolds entertainment segment. They played video of a young girl describing her frustration with Justin Bieber's marriage and repeatedly using the N-word without censorship. Complete facepalm and back to KTLA's morning offering I go.

27 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

Streaming the WGN Morning News for a change today and surprised to hear the N-word going out over air several times during a Dean Reynolds entertainment segment. They played video of a young girl describing her frustration with Justin Bieber's marriage and repeatedly using the N-word without censorship. Complete facepalm and back to KTLA's morning offering I go.

That’s Dean RICHARDS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Spring Rubber said:

Regardless, that is rather shocking that they'd let the N-word slip without censorship on broadcast TV. Is that even allowed by the FCC?

I guess it depends on the context it’s used.

NBC's The Carmichael Show and ABC's Black-ish both have used the "a" variant.

Edited by Georgie56

40 minutes ago, Spring Rubber said:

Regardless, that is rather shocking that they'd let the N-word slip without censorship on broadcast TV. Is that even allowed by the FCC?

I was listening to Rover's Morning Glory on WMMS in Cleveland and a caller dropped a "R" and a certain homophobic word starting with F, it wasn't dumped but Rover did end the conversation.  

• 3 weeks later...