Random WGN thread

ChiCubsFan

• 2 weeks later...
Marcus Leshock is anchoring all 6 hours of the morning news today. Basically half of their on-air staff seems to be off today.

And with Lauren Jiggetts expecting a baby soon (alongside Sarah Jindra from the Evening News team), expect more off-air staff for a while.

• Like 1

And with Lauren Jiggetts expecting a baby soon (alongside Sarah Jindra from the Evening News team), expect more off-air staff for a while.

Sarah's on the morning show. She literally made the announcement there.

• Like 3

So, a press release is out where WGN is claiming victories and 2nd place finishes in every slot but 10pm, mostly in the demo, but I have one question; like preempted network newscasts, are they omitting baseball-shortened/completely dumped 4pm hours in these numbers? Either way, I can't imagine that their success at 4 isn't due to more baseball lead-ins.

Either way, I'm guessing these summer numbers aren't so off of normal performance that we could legitimately say that Chicago's Very Own is also Chicago's #2 News.

[MEDIA=twitter]1022948774803587072[/MEDIA]

• Like 3

So, a press release is out where WGN is claiming victories and 2nd place finishes in every slot but 10pm, mostly in the demo, but I have one question; like preempted network newscasts, are they omitting baseball-shortened/completely dumped 4pm hours in these numbers? Either way, I can't imagine that their success at 4 isn't due to more baseball lead-ins.

Either way, I'm guessing these summer numbers aren't so off of normal performance that we could legitimately say that Chicago's Very Own is also Chicago's #2 News.

[MEDIA=twitter]1022948774803587072[/MEDIA]

The CW must still be stinging after WGN bailed on them.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WGN's Dean Richards has joked that he and Billy Joel look alike. With the Piano Man in town, Pat Tomasulo took the doppelganger out on the streets of Chicago to introduce "Mr. Joel" to his fans. Spoiler alert: people will fall for anything.

Also, the station has debuted the "World's Greatest Newspaper Television Podcast."

https://wgntv.com/2018/09/07/listen-worlds-greatest-newspaper-television-podcast-episode-1/