Random WGN thread

ChiCubsFan

Was this the first time Sean Lewis has filled in for Larry or Dan?

He filled in frequently pre-Ponce, and on some holidays, but I'd say it's been awhile. Marcus filling in for Dan is the other surprise.

He filled in frequently pre-Ponce, and on some holidays, but I'd say it's been awhile. Marcus filling in for Dan is the other surprise.

I mentioned pages ago on this thread that Marcus filled in for Dan on Thanksgiving morning because the latter was doing the parade.

• Like 2

It's hard to keep track, but I believe that this newest resizing of height and text is version 5 of the scoreboard. Not as tall as the original, which would still be the best, in terms of keep proportions consistent through the package, but it's infinitely better and easier to read than the shrinky dink model from two weeks ago. Now maybe they can leave it be for awhile.

719832186_bandicam2018-05-0120-15-25-125.thumb.png.51195fe6227e7466cd0eb53cd172880d.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Joe started at 6pm. Ben apparently did the 5pm because the 4pm news was a quick 7-minute broadcast that was shortened by the Cubs game. Lourdes, on the other hand, only stayed on the air for the quick 7-minute newscast and finished after that. Micah started at 5pm.

Looks like Tom Skilling is off the entire night.

So have they dropped the weather-in-the-first-five-minutes thing at 10? Watching for the first time in a while tonight and Tom@Ten didn’t come on until after the first commercial break. He even joked that they should call it Tom at 10:15 now.

So have they dropped the weather-in-the-first-five-minutes thing at 10? Watching for the first time in a while tonight and Tom@Ten didn’t come on until after the first commercial break. He even joked that they should call it Tom at 10:15 now.

I was never a fan of the “full-forecast-in-the-first-five-minutes” thing to begin with. If they’re planning on keeping it that way, good.

• Like 1

Good. This does sound like either a permanent change or a sweeps change. It seems better this way.

It's about time. After a few weeks of Ivory, McGill, Hamernik, and even Kolkmeyer, Janssen has been far and away the most frequent placeholder on weekend evenings. Good for him.

Wouldn't this be his regular shift for CLTV, or was he a fill-in until Jim retired?

It's about time. After a few weeks of Ivory, McGill, Hamernik, and even Kolkmeyer, Janssen has been far and away the most frequent placeholder on weekend evenings. Good for him.

Wouldn't this be his regular shift for CLTV, or was he a fill-in until Jim retired?

As I recall, his on-air shift was weekday afternoons on CLTV. I can only assume he'll still retain that role 2-3 days a week while Tim McGill does the other days.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...