Random WGN thread

ChiCubsFan

Holy crap, that is bad.

[ATTACH=full]5666[/ATTACH]

I just tweeted them about how bad the out indicators are. Can't even see them clearly from my couch. You can't even intuitively tell that those little blue things on the side are supposed to indicate outs.

• Like 2

• Did they get Sinclair to do these?
  • They get their own custom goddamn graphics, and they STILL have to squeeze CUBS into that little box.
  • Are they expecting baseball teams to score hundreds of points?
  • I do like the color scheme. The blue, white, and gray on black is nice, but it falls...flat.
  • Betcha every sport will use blue, including the Sox, which will look really out of place on everybody that's not the Cubs.
  • Color the team names their appropriate color, and that would add a little pop to that side of the board.

• Did they get Sinclair to do these?
  • They get their own custom goddamn graphics, and they STILL have to squeeze CUBS into that little box.
  • Are they expecting baseball teams to score hundreds of points?
  • I do like the color scheme. The blue, white, and gray on black is nice, but it falls...flat.
  • Betcha every sport will use blue, including the Sox, which will look really out of place on everybody that's not the Cubs.
  • Color the team names their appropriate color, and that would add a little pop to that side of the board.

Yep, way too much room for the score, yet not enough room to fit "CUBS". Doesn't make sense.

Agreed about the colored team names. Everyone does that now because it looks better. The gray background for the team names is bland.

Playing with the font size and redoing the out indicators really worked wonders for the scorebar. It's still the weakest part of an otherwise great package, but it's not so glaringly off as it was during the dry run. Like the old graphics, the open is my favorite part.

Now if ABC 7 could adopt the now-former white ESPN pack, we'd be golden, but I'm not holding my breath.

EDIT: The music might have a slightly different tone to it?

I'd almost say so. The open was the same, but the bumper sounded different. This theme will work well with the Blackhawks, as the new open sounds like a cross between theirs and the Sox old ones. I doubt this'll jive with the Bulls, though.

• Like 3