Random WGN thread

ChiCubsFan

Is it possible that McDonald's contract for the naming rights ensures national carriage?

It's a safe bet that when WGN signed the original contract/and subsequent renewals with the Chicago Festival Association, coverage on WGN America was part of the deal. Any change in station ownership (or the possibility there of) wouldn't instantly nullify that contract. They can however simply choose to not renew it when the time comes.

The fact that McDonalds is the title sponsor of the parade is a non issue.

I'm excited that they're adding original programming that's not a newscast. I can't imagine they'll build a new set for a weekly 30-minute show, but I'm not sure where they'll put the live audience. I'm assuming this will be pre-taped during the week? It'll be interesting to see how the ratings compare to the weekday news at 10. Of course the inevitable question is what will the Sinclair bigwigs think of this.

Thirty years ago tonight, was that Max Headroom incident, which it hijacked WGN & WTTW's signals.

The person that did this was never caught.

Just the thought of this ruthless criminal still being free sends chills up my spine. Things were so much more innocent back then.

Lock your doors...change your passwords.

Two little notes from the first day without Mark: Ben is pulling the shift tonight, and he's wearing the tie Mark gave him at the end of the four on Friday. Also, they're prepared to go without a named replacement for awhile, as the 6 o'clock hour of the evening show is using a talent open with the 4 remain anchors.