Random WGN thread

ChiCubsFan

No real news here, but Bradley Place has officially been sold to a real estate developer for $22 million. As was the plan before, WGN-TV, CLTV, and WGN America will continue to lease the space.

http://www.robertfeder.com/2017/01/31/wgn-studios-sold-22-million/

No real news here, but Bradley Place has officially been sold to a real estate developer for $22 million. As was the plan before, WGN-TV, CLTV, and WGN America will continue to lease the space.

http://www.robertfeder.com/2017/01/31/wgn-studios-sold-22-million/

Actually there is some real news here.

It was sold to a real estate developer...

Who presumably will develop the site for a profit...and NOT lease out an almost 60 year old plant for the long term.

You can move WGN(and friends) into a 50,000 sqf state of the art plant for a fraction of the cost over the long term.

WGN= Future HOA?

I do not believe the WGN press release stating they are there for the "long term"...not for 1 second.

Developers don't sit on 60yo TV stations, I give WGN 3-5 yrs before they move.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Somebody needs to inform the control room that there's a map being inserted upstream and that they need to restrict their lower third text to a smaller area. (Yes, this issue is continuing to happen as of right now. Basically every lower third is getting cut off.)

TiEGPEIl.jpg

I'm glad Lourdes will be back in the evenings, but I'm a bit surprised Dina Bair didn't get the nod, as she's the main back-up on the show. That's said, I'm very happy for what should be a very solid 4pm team, with the bonus of a designated sports segment each of the 3 hours.

BUT COULD WE PLEASE SEPARATELY BRAND EACH HOUR?

• Like 1

Somewhat surprised Demetrius will be shifted to midday and 4pm. I hate to say it, but they needed to start grooming a Skilling successor at some point. Hopefully they won't need that for a long time... but he is 65.

• Like 1

Wait....isn't Tom Skilling under contract to WGN for another 5 years (until 2022)??

By my math, and everything we've been told, yes, but 3.5 hours of broadcasts plus radio, newspaper, and online work might be all they want to load on him. Throw on that 4 o'clock show, and a man so dedicated to the quality of his work would eventually run out of hours in the day.

• Like 1

I knew this was happening as soon as Ben Bradley signed on with WGN. I didn't picture him jumping ship unless WGN told him right up front that they had a lucrative weekday anchor job for him.

Also, any chance they might anchor this 4 P.M. newscast from the newsroom like the old WGN News at Five? I like that concept and wouldn't mind them doing that again.

• Like 4