Random WGN thread

ChiCubsFan

i'd say ron sould sue beacuse that does not equal consent allowing them to pluck his words from a radio show

While I agree with Ron they should've asked his consent, I don't believe they were legally obligated to and therefore he likely has no legal grounds to sue upon.

While I agree with Ron they should've asked his consent, I don't believe they were legally obligated to and therefore he likely has no legal grounds to sue upon.

The issue is that it was said publicly... It's completely quotable. If he is that worried about it then he should have kept his mouth shut. Otherwise it's fair game for a station that writes its own rules...

The issue is that it was said publicly... It's completely quotable. If he is that worried about it then he should have kept his mouth shut. Otherwise it's fair game for a station that writes its own rules...

Just because they can (legally) do something like this doesn't mean that they should. They're not hurting for viewers/are in need of some attention, so this move seems unnecessary.

Why not simply take the compliment and call it a day? No reason to turn it into an ad.

• Like 2

WGN is practically writing a Feder article, as we speak. Somewhere along the line, during this morning's Dennis Hastert sentencing, the newsroom came under the impression that Hastert would not face jail time. Despite numerous reports from other organizations, they're sticking with their story, leading the anchors in the studio to wrongfully look like complete idiots, and it's not going unnoticed.

[MEDIA=twitter]725361141627629568[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]725364156031885312[/MEDIA]

It looks very bad for what has been an otherwise solid, reputable news organization.

That said, CNN (possibly pooling off of WGN) and publication Crain's Chicago were way off, too...

[MEDIA=twitter]725366706265182208[/MEDIA]

WGN is practically writing a Feder article, as we speak. Somewhere along the line, during this morning's Dennis Hastert sentencing, the newsroom came under the impression that Hastert would not face jail time. Despite numerous reports from other organizations, they're sticking with their story, leading the anchors in the studio to wrongfully look like complete idiots, and it's not going unnoticed.

It looks very bad for what has been an otherwise solid, reputable news organization.

That said, CNN (possibly pooling off of WGN) and publication Crain's Chicago were way off, too...

[MEDIA=twitter]725366706265182208[/MEDIA]

This is what happens when you do news on the cheap. Somebody didn't want to pay a guy to gather his own news...instead he was paid to cheat off the chicks notes sitting next to him...and she juked him.

Poor sucker has no date to the prom now.

• Like 4

I remember back in the day in 1998 you could catch Soul Train, Kids WB, Sitcoms from the WB and WGN News at 10 EST/7PST all on WGN America when they were the superstation. WGN used to have great programming even though it was already in tandem with the local affiliate for the same programming if you didn't live in the chicago area.

• Like 1

WGN Morning News has been in the media yet again with this Kelly Rowland interview. I saw WGN's article about the interview and so I decided to watch. They basically called her stuck up and rude toward them in the article but what I saw and what was written was the complete opposite. The only reason for the pauses was because it was one of those Satellite interviews. And honestly it seem like they didn't do there research on Kelly but mainly on you guess it Beyonce. Yes I know Beyonce is the bigger draw but come on. You knew why she was there. Let's not act like they wasn't in the wrong as well. If I'm not mistaken, isn't this the second interview in a year span that they did a satellite interview that didn't go well. I think it was Kara Deveine when she was promoting Paper Towns. I may be wrong and it could have been another station. I think it was unfair of them to just blame Kelly when they did the social media segment of the show. Then they invited her back. Who says she's coming back? WGN PR on the job for you.

(Sorry for the mini rant)

• 1 month later...
Did WGN drop the weekday 9pm talent open? Haven't seen it in a long time.

Well that's too bad. Their talent opens are really nice... This reminds me of how they used to run those cool talent bumpers when the new graphics package first debuted. I haven't seen one of those in ages, which is a shame becuase they were probably the most unique and beautiful parts of the package.

Well that's too bad. Their talent opens are really nice... This reminds me of how they used to run those cool talent bumpers when the new graphics package first debuted. I haven't seen one of those in ages, which is a shame becuase they were probably the most unique and beautiful parts of the package.

They used one during the 4 AM hour of the morning news on Memorial Day. I think they maybe still use them on weekends, too? Not completely sure.

I happen to be in Chicago right now. Today I went down by Wrigley.

People from WGN were walking down Clark Street and handing out these flyers. They were also putting them on cars.

IMG_20160612_152652.thumb.jpg.978f4c908e76acb7aabdf041b8683720.jpg

That's some dedication...and the furthest I've ever seen a post-retrans fallout PR campaign go.

BTW, the reason I knew these were WGN people handing these out: one had a WGN polo and the other had a "Chicago's Very Own" shirt.

I happen to be in Chicago right now. Today I went down by Wrigley.

People from WGN were walking down Clark Street and handing out these flyers. They were also putting them on cars.

[ATTACH]2937[/ATTACH]

That's some dedication...and the furthest I've ever seen a post-retrans fallout PR campaign go.

BTW, the reason I knew these were WGN people handing these out: one had a WGN polo and the other had a "Chicago's Very Own" shirt.

Are there any other Tribune stations pulling this kind of stunt, or just them?

• Like 3

I think he popped up a few nights last year or so, but that was like the first time since he left the shift. I'm disappointed he doesn't get as much fill-in time on the morning show, now that the AM B-team's become solidified and legit.

• Like 1

Based on the teaser, it looks like it's gonna be Demetrius doing the weather rather than Jim. That's a shame that the entire crew won't be together.

I started watching WGN in 1995 when I was 5 years old. Little did I know at the time that it was the first year of that weekend news team. It's been nice of WGN to keep them together for so many years.

• Like 1