Random WGN thread

ChiCubsFan

Considering NBC essentially led in the demo since May, being tied is better than before.

Oh, and I only verbally mentioned 'BBM since being posted in the WGN thread implied they were mentioned..."and WBBM, too".

I'm afraid I lost that somewhere before I clicked the link... But I gotcha.

Its too bad WGN's sister station WGN america split almost everything from Chicago and their Network affiliate. back in 1999 i used to get 2 of the same show coming on my local station and the Superstation. now its only copying TBS/TNT. but with the same shows coming on WGN's other sister station KTXL.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't WGN third in the demo at 10? I think they were just ahead of WBBM (2's demo numbers are so bad, they're lower than WFLD's at 9pm. Ouch.)

Either way, those three have some of the strangest banter I've heard, anywhere. Sometimes it seems like Micah talks to Tom like he's a child...

• Like 4

Wasn't WGN third in the demo at 10? I think they were just ahead of WBBM (2's demo numbers are so bad, they're lower than WFLD's at 9pm. Ouch.)

Either way, those three have some of the strangest banter I've heard, anywhere. Sometimes it seems like Micah talks to Tom like he's a child...

The old number 9 is a relatively strange place anyways...

• 3 weeks later...
Its too bad WGN's sister station WGN america split almost everything from Chicago and their Network affiliate. back in 1999 i used to get 2 of the same show coming on my local station and the Superstation. now its only copying TBS/TNT. but with the same shows coming on WGN's other sister station KTXL.

And KDAF and presumably all the other Tribune stations as well.

Speaking of that, It appears the McDonald's Thanksgiving Parade is still intact on WGN America. I thought 2014 would be the last edition of the parade would be the last to be simulcast nationally because all Chicago-related programming was removed from the channel.

I had been wondering about that myself. I thought we'd be subject to more Law & Order reruns or whatever the hell WGN-A airs these days.

The WGN Morning News did it again... this time, the slogan controversy in Tulsa between KOKI 23 and KJRH 2:

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2015/11/25/copying-the-news-that-matters-to-you

KJRH has a new logo? Because I checked KJRH's website before I posted this and I didn't see that logo or slogan on the site, their twitter feed, or their videos.

• 3 weeks later...

Tribune will lease it back just long enough to build a new compound. Why would anyone want to lease back 50+year old facility?

The new owner would sure as hell not want to be stuck with the old Bozo barns when they can build nice condo's and Starbucks.

The tower's still on the market.

Hmm, interesting. Is Tribune that hard up for cash that they need to sell off their properties? Or is it a case of cashing in on a hot real estate market??? Either way, they're going to have to find a long term solution for housing the tv station, it'll be interesting to see what they do next.

Hmm, interesting. Is Tribune that hard up for cash that they need to sell off their properties? Or is it a case of cashing in on a hot real estate market??? Either way, they're going to have to find a long term solution for housing the tv station, it'll be interesting to see what they do next.

As the newspaper staff's been cut and printing is done elsewhere, the company uses a lot less space in the building than they used to, plus the first floor retail potential could be huge. It's being marketed for mixed use retail/corporate/condo. As for Bradley Place is more economical to sell and rent, and not be responsible for building maintenance and stuff. Also, I saw somewhere that there's a tax write-off that they could take advantage of if they sold.

• 3 weeks later...