Random WGN thread

ChiCubsFan

Why don't they actually have Tom at Ten like they said they would? That would be better than being in the middle of a lame click bait story at 10:00.

When people turn from the network shows at 10 o'clock, it really is not a good idea to be covering some trivial clickbait drivel (the breastfeeding story) while your three competitors are covering the top stories.

It looks like they're more interested in keeping their own 9:00 viewers than luring people away from the big three networks. Just look at the way they reformatted the News at Nine to set up the Ten. Do they really expect people to stay for 90 minutes? I don't think that's a good idea, either.

Oh, and this isn't specific to the 10 pm news per se, but as of about a week ago, they stopped having the sports anchor stand up at the desk. They're now seated at the desk, squeezed in between the anchor and the round "table" at the edge of the desk. Might as well eliminate that round "table" thing on the desk. I guess it's not used for anything anymore.

And wow, that was a very rushed and disjointed close to the newscast.

Check out the last paragraph of this article...

http://www.newscaststudio.com/2015/10/06/chicago-abc-teasing-new-studio-with-large-banners/

And WBBM, too? Hmm.

Ohhhh boy. But really, it's unclear if WGN and WBBM will debut this sweeps period? I think it's a little late to get it ready for November... February could be interesting, though. We'll see!

I agree that the timing was much improved, but it seems to me that the program is still really soft in the middle. After Skilling, if I recall correctly, the show was pretty much Negovan, Elwood, and Roan's content, right?

And WGN too... Look at the Demos between 5 and 7 too... Tied. That's a tight race that I doubt 7 is relieved about at all...

Considering NBC essentially led in the demo since May, being tied is better than before.

Oh, and I only verbally mentioned 'BBM since being posted in the WGN thread implied they were mentioned..."and WBBM, too".