Random WGN thread

ChiCubsFan

I wouldn't be shocked if Demetrius keeps with the early show.

That would be my prediction, too. There would have probably been an announcement or some kind of send-off for him today if he was leaving the morning news. He's certainly the rising star in the WGN weather center, and I'm wondering how much longer he'll be on the early shift.

It will be interesting to see how they do fill-ins. When Tom is off, I wonder if Demetrius will forgo his 4-6am duties and handle the evening shows instead. They've done this on several occasions over the past couple of years. But, assuming he stays on the morning news, he'll also be the go-to fill-in for Konrad.

If I didn't know better, I'd say something is going on in the WGN graphics department. Earlier, I mentioned that their SD feed was letterboxed (for me at least.) Yesterday, I noticed the score bug for the Cubs game had been moved to the left, out of the safe zone. Then, this morning, they roll out new weather graphics that violate the 4:3 safe zone. The main bug is still the same... for now.

• Like 1

Unrelated, but the way ABC 7's been framing things lately makes me think they might have something up their sleeves, too.

What a time to be alive. :D

But really, the weather graphics are pretty good, though the 7 day is still pretty much in the safe zone. I know because my old buddies at U-Verse haven't letterboxed the SD feed, though I guess I should be lucky to have WGN, at all.

The 7 Day Forecast is now a part of the 9:30 weather segment as somebody else predicted above. No more 9:45 7-Day.

Well, he's back at 9:52, but it's more like "coming up in the forecast at ten" now. And they quickly go back to news.

I know it's only day one, but, even though it's not even 10 o'clock, the last 10 minutes of the nine o'clock news are proving they don't need a 10pm newscast...30 seconds of weather and a bunch of viral videos.

When people turn from the network shows at 10 o'clock, it really is not a good idea to be covering some trivial clickbait drivel (the breastfeeding story) while your three competitors are covering the top stories.

• Like 1