Random WGN thread

ChiCubsFan

WGN is doing tag-team coverage tonight with Jim Ramsey in the Weather Center and Mike Hamernik at the chroma key, plus an inset radar map over the bug and constant warning crawl.

Saw a bit of it on the livestream. It seems weird how the radar/warning map and alert crawl are included on the stream, despite the fact that WGNtv.com transmits a clean feed that omits the logo/time/temp bug the map is supposed to appear above during live newscasts... thus leaving an obvious gap between it and the crawl when there are no L3s onscreen.

Agreed. He should be on more often, but I won't get into that.

He doesn't strike me as someone who's really interested in boosting his stature or looking for a bigger TV job, though. He just seems like a genuine weather guy, which is awesome.

WGN tasked Sean Lewis with filling in for Mark Suppelsa on the 9 PM news Friday night, which I'm sure was quite the honor for him. It seems his stock at WGN is rising. He had a long feature report on the 9PM news earlier in the week, and now he was given a shot to anchor the big show, as well.

This fill-in task doesn't excuse Sean from his normal duties, however, as at the end of the newscast, he said that he'd see us all in a few hours for the WGN Morning News at 6 AM, at which point fellow fill-in anchor Dina Bair gave him a sympathetic pat on the back since Sean wasn't exactly going to be getting much sleep overnight, if any.

I like it, too. It's probably the best promo they've done in a while IMO.

On an unrelated note, they keep running these cryptic ads for "Crime Watch Daily." What is it? I think it's a show, but where is it going to fit into the schedule?

I like it, too. It's probably the best promo they've done in a while IMO.

On an unrelated note, they keep running these cryptic ads for "Crime Watch Daily." What is it? I think it's a show, but where is it going to fit into the schedule?

Isn't it taking over the extra Maury slot that they currently have in the afternoon? (Probably the 3 PM one)

At first I thought it was one of the morning show's jabs or pranks, but then I realized they're serious about it. It's totally a shot, and I like it. Take that, Sky 5.

While it's not their style, I would love to see WMAQ respond to this featuring Kye (weekday mornings traffic anchor) and Marley (weekend mornings traffic anchor). Heck..they could throw Mike in there too.

From previews I've seen, I'm picturing it as a cross between Inside Edition and one of those crap true-crime filler shows that air at 2am on HLN.

Isn't it taking over the extra Maury slot that they currently have in the afternoon? (Probably the 3 PM one)

I'd sooner put it in the 1 o'clock Maury slot, as the 3 is where new episodes are and serves as a good lead-in to the news at 4.

From previews I've seen, I'm picturing it as a cross between Inside Edition and one of those crap true-crime filler shows that air at 2am on HLN.

I'd sooner put it in the 1 o'clock Maury slot, as the 3 is where new episodes are and serves as a good lead-in to the news at 4.

I think the recommendation was to put it at either 3 or 4pm. All the Tribune stations will be carrying it. It will supposedly feature local reporters discussing stories of interest in their respective markets. Not sure how much they will rely on the local stuff, but it's one of the elements of the show.